Chapala.com Webboard

Rain? Begin? When?

Another bad day in store for us.  This massive mid level high pressure is just stuck right over top of us because the polar jet is way too far south for this time of year.  It tries to move west but then the big dip in the polar jet over CA just pushes it back over us.  I am not convinced it will rain at all in June this year.

isaemex.gif

See this massive dip of the polar jet over the west coast?  This is the root of the problem, it is caused by unusually cold conditions north of us.

https://www.eldoradoweather.com/current/currentusjetstream.html

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

Keep your fingers crossed regarding forecast for Sunday.

snapshot_ajijicweather.com_1687282170424.thumb.png.5dd47c3ae6c6e7fe429e54421bf7151f.png

Ventusky.com changing the date forward to around sunday Monday there's a low that has spun up going north on the coast. Not sure if it could spawn a hurricane. The coast range should soften effects. Lots of times I've watched the storm rains be stopped from reaching Lake Chapala because of the mountains. Maybe if upper winds from the storm are headed to Chapala s few silver iodine rockets from the mountains could start some good rain.

Conagua still forecasting possibly early Sat morning for Chapala 

03:00h

24/06

21 °C

Medio nublado

Lluvia: 0 litros/m2
Probabilidad de lluvia: 91 %
Humedad relativa: 76 %
Velocidad del viento: 7 km/h
Dirección del viento: Oeste
Ráfaga de viento: 8 km/h
Temperatura punto de rocío: 19 °C

FOR JOCOTEPEC

03:00h

24/06

19 °C

Despejado

Lluvia: 0 litros/m2
Probabilidad de lluvia: 87 %
Humedad relativa: 83 %
Velocidad del viento: 5 km/h
Dirección del viento: Noroeste
Ráfaga de viento: 6 km/h
Temperatura punto de rocío: 17 °C

15 hours ago, Whipstock said:

The biggest falsehood I've been told all this month is that it will rain 5 days from now. 

A friend visited in early June, first time at Lakeside. Prior to her arrival, told her that many expats here say Ajijic has “second best weather in the world.” After 10 days of 90+ temps, plus smoke from several fires, she thinks that’s the biggest falsehood we are spreading.

I used a Janeth Garcia video for emails joking about. One heck of a way to not care about the weather or if forecasts are wrong, Just a tell us again. 

Rain wise I think dew doesn't get much attention. Although rolling in the grass it would, unless of course it's with Janeth Garcia 😊

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, InChapala1 said:

A friend visited in early June, first time at Lakeside. Prior to her arrival, told her that many expats here say Ajijic has “second best weather in the world.” After 10 days of 90+ temps, plus smoke from several fires, she thinks that’s the biggest falsehood we are spreading.

soone get one month o hot eather and it is not an easy climate anymore? SHouldd remember some other places you have been..I have been hearing that story about the 2nd beat climate in the worl.. I have searched everywhee including national georaphy and never read that story and I an curious about the number 1  WHat is the best climate in the world.?

I would thing it is all a pretty personal preerence.. For a friend who loves ice fishing Wisconsin was perfect.. to each its own.

Everywhere  in the world where there is a change of climate after a few months everyone gets testy and anxious for the rains to start, for the rains to stop for the sun to come out etc etc..