Chapala.com Webboard

Rain? Begin? When?

On 6/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, Mostlylost said:

Who works closely with Tlaloc and Chaak to ensure we get the rain.....

I'm well-acquainted with Tlaloc.  But Chaak...that`s a new one to me.  Who the E HECK atl is he?

7 hours ago, bdmowers said:

I'm well-acquainted with Tlaloc.  But Chaak...that`s a new one to me.  Who the E HECK atl is he?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaac

Chaac (also spelled Chac or, in Classic Mayan, Chaahk [t͡ʃaːhk]) is the name of the Maya god of rain, thunder, and lighting. With his lightning axe, Chaac strikes the clouds, causing them to produce thunder and rain. Chaac corresponds to Tlaloc among the Aztecs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/5/2023 at 3:13 PM, Mainecoons said:

Starting to see moisture build to the sough of us and the monsoon trough is strengthening and moving closer.

Keep your fingers crossed.  Damn it is hot right now!

The weather forecasts show rains beginning near the end of the month.  Does that square with what you are seeing, MC?

14 hours ago, Kiko said:

I should have been a weatherman.  You can be wrong 95% of the time but still keep your job.

I feel sorry for the old days where hurricanes and worse could slip right in on an area. These days the filler jabber weather people do I get tormented wondering if these forecasters ever left the house never seeing weather.