Chapala.com Webboard

Online card problem Mercadolibre

I had a debit card from MultiVa. It was registered on M.L. for some years. Worked fine for buying.
The card needed to be replaced and when I tried to put it on M.L., it was rejected 2X.

MultiVa has no credit card.

I want to stay w/MultiVa where I have had an account for over 15-years. Plus, it gives 10% interest on an investment account. I don't know what other banks give.

I shop a lot on M.L.

I have talked a few times in the last 15 years, with the branch manager and was told a credit card was in the works.

Suggestions?

8 minutes ago, artsnob said:

It is easier just to pay cash at Oxxo, goes right in to order instantly..

Actually it is easier to pay at the same time you place the order using a credit or debit card.  

Not logical that placing the order, then leaving your home, walking or driving to a convenience store is easier.

Possibly the OP could use the the bank transfer method if Multiva allows that to be done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

I'm sorry I wasnot clear. It is much more convenient to order online from the house.

If I use a credit card from the U.S., Iget charged a Foreign conversion fee by the CC company.

What are you paying 1% ?

Perhaps you could investigate a US card co that has no foreign transaction fee.  Capitol One is one of many

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

I keep mentioning Dolarapp. It's a Mexican card (Mastercard) 4% cash back great exchange rate I only pay ATM fees. Last time I took cash 30 pesos. 

Off the subject but, I hope you didn't have any damage from the recent HUGE sand storm.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/sonora-sandstorm-causes-minor-damage-but-puts-on-major-show/

4 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Off the subject but, I hope you didn't have any damage from the recent HUGE sand storm.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/sonora-sandstorm-causes-minor-damage-but-puts-on-major-show/

Thanks for asking. I live on the golf course and it was something. My pool was a mess signs down around town. Some areas still without electric. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sm1mex said:

ML has rejected our  US CC. Won’t take our US card so we would have to go to Oxxo and pay. Haven’t done that yet. Amazon Mx gladly accepts US credit cards but my experience ML won’t. 

Many Mexican businesses don't accept American CC for one reason: If the customer disputes a charge it is a major hassle for the seller to respond correctly and the funds can be tied up for a lengthy period. Large companies like Amazon Mexico have the ability to hire people for that express purpose. Many smaller ones simply decide not to play. They make the conscious choice to skip that market. Life is about choices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Many Mexican businesses don't accept American CC for one reason: If the customer disputes a charge it is a major hassle for the seller to respond correctly and the funds can be tied up for a lengthy period. Large companies like Amazon Mexico have the ability to hire people for that express purpose. Many smaller ones simply decide not to play. They make the conscious choice to skip that market. Life is about choices.

Mercadolibre is a 60 billion dollar market cap company that does business in 18 countries. You can get refunded very quickly if there is a problem or if you are unhappy with your purchase. There is no huge staff necessary. and no action from the ccard company is necessary. Many people have CCards issued in at least 18 countries that use ML.

If they are not accepting a USA ccard it has nothing to to with a company policy regarding USA issued cards, rather the individual cardholder's trying to get it approved is missing something.

As a Mercadolibre merchant I have had customers return a product after they used it  for 3 weeks and ML refunded their money and charged my account. In addition I have to pay the return costs.

The OP stated they don't like to use their USA issued card because there is a foreign purchase fee. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Mercadolibre is a 60 billion dollar market cap company that does business in 18 countries. You can get refunded very quickly if there is a problem or if you are unhappy with your purchase. There is no huge staff necessary. and no action from the ccard company is necessary. Many people have CCards issued in at least 18 countries that use ML.

If they are not accepting a USA ccard it has nothing to to with a company policy regarding USA issued cards, rather the individual cardholder's trying to get it approved is missing something.

As a Mercadolibre merchant I have had customers return a product after they used it  for 3 weeks and ML refunded their money and charged my account. In addition I have to pay the return costs.

The OP stated they don't like to use their USA issued card because there is a foreign purchase fee. 

I'm sure you are correct. I was merely explaining why SOME companies, small businesses, restaurants, etc. do not accept US CC. I have personal knowledge of that fact. 

16 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Actually I have to charge higher prices on Amazon  for the same product than I do on Mercadolibre because Amazon's sales % charge is higher, and they charge a monthly fee in addition. 

Don't know about Amazon Mexico but in the US Amazon demands their price be no higher than anywhere else. They simply bury the listing so far down it's unlikely to be found since they cannot actually forbid that. They use BOTS to search for such things.

17 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

I'm sure you are correct. I was merely explaining why SOME companies, small businesses, restaurants, etc. do not accept US CC. I have personal knowledge of that fact. 

Interesting.  I comparison shop Amazon with EBay and at least half the time the EBay price is better, sometimes by a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This could  possibly  the reason some Mexican  companies  will not accept  your U S credit card. I do some work with  Volaris and for several times paying for (freight cargo fees) they would  not accept  my U S  credit card  but when I change  my address to a Mexican  address on my usaa account  they  they accepted  the credit card   I had to change my phone number  to my Mexican  phone number  also. This might  be the reason for not accepting  your U S card but they would  accept  my debit card  before  I change  my usaa info.  I'm going  to try my card with the change soon with mercado libre  and see what happens phil