Chapala.com Webboard

Moderna and Pfizer Covid vaccines coming to Mexico.

Ferret

However, TV Azteca reported that it is estimated that the cost of a shot will be similar to other countries, including the U.S., meaning that doses could retail for just over 2,000 pesos.

If everything goes well” the vaccines could start coming into the country in January or February, he said.

2 hours ago, sm1mex said:

We flew to Houston and got free Moderna. Also got the shingrex shingles vax. Not free if you don’t have Medicare part B. 

Received Moderna free at CVS in Texas November. There is still a US government program if you have no insurance or Medicare. Not all pharmacies can offer it. CVS does. They also sent us coupons for $20 for a future purchase from CVS

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pharmacies Guadalajara already sells COVID vaccine
The pharmacy chain is one of the distributors of Pfizer's antigneous, recently approved by Cofepris for its marketing to the public.

Starting this week, the Pfizer vaccine against COVID -19 will be sold in Farmacias Guadalajara and three other chains.

In recent days, the aforementioned biological was approved by the Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risks ( Cofepris ) for marketing to the public in Mexico. 
The first shipment arrived on December 15 and according to a statement from the pharmaceutical company, the antigen will also be offered at Farmacias San Pablo, Farmacias Benavides and Farmacias del Ahorro. 

https://www.informador.mx/COVID-Farmacias-Guadalajara-ya-vende-vacuna-l202312200001.html

Pharmacies Guadalajara already sells COVID vaccine

The pharmacy chain is one of the distributors of Pfizer's antigneous, recently approved by Cofepris for its marketing to the public.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, artsnob said:

I went today to GDL farmacia and they were sold out , will not have again till Jan 15, they will have both Pfizer and Monarda

Did they tell you the price?  Would they have required a prescription like some stories said?  Pfizer Mexico rep was on TV new this a.m. saying they're working as hard and fast as they can to supply the overwhelming demand.  Better late than never.....

3 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

Pfizer or Moderna for you and the Missus? 

No vaccine for us anymore. The variants for years are not that dangerous; only the first alpha Covid which killed 8 of our friends - they suffocated on ventilators in the INSABI hospital here ( SLP). We both had Covid exactly 1 year ago. I felt like I had the flu for 5 days. My wife felt the same for 4 days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:22 PM, artsnob said:

The link will not open, when will they be available at what cost and who will have them that we can buy?

Artsnob--it might be easiest just to surf the internet for answers to your questions. Google and the internet are your friends.

Lexy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

No vaccine for us anymore. The variants for years are not that dangerous; only the first alpha Covid which killed 8 of our friends - they suffocated on ventilators in the INSABI hospital here ( SLP). We both had Covid exactly 1 year ago. I felt like I had the flu for 5 days. My wife felt the same for 4 days. 

Sounds very much like our experience and feelings. Good luck.

• Like 2