Chapala.com Webboard

Manix restaurant closing end of year

ibarra

17 hours ago, Whipstock said:

I didn't go there often, but I never had a bad meal. 

Ditto.

Let's see... from the (real) old days that leaves Bruno's, Nueva Posada, Armando's, Los Telares, Mario's, Tony's, Min Wah.  Who am I leaving out from pre-2000.

[ Casa de Waffle,  Fonda Dona Lola and maybe one/some in Chapala]

Anyone wanna' bet Mario's will outlast them all?   Jaime Sr. and  most of family in original SAT location.  Eric ( eldest son) recently opened "Mario's 2" in Ajijic......  geared to  those who love how this family treats you, but a little more upscale and with longer hours to have a slightly broader appeal overall.     

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

Anyone wanna' bet Mario's will outlast them all?   Jaime Sr. and  most of family in original SAT location.  Eric ( eldest son) recently opened "Mario's 2" in Ajijic......  geared to  those who love how this family treats you, but a little more upscale and with longer hours to have a slightly broader appeal overall.     

Many years ago when I first visited I thought it was a cafe and served very greasy food, I would not have classified it as a restaurant 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/17/2023 at 3:30 PM, RickS said:

Ditto.

Let's see... from the (real) old days that leaves Bruno's, Nueva Posada, Armando's, Los Telares, Mario's, Tony's, Min Wah.  Who am I leaving out from pre-2000.

[ Casa de Waffle,  Fonda Dona Lola and maybe one/some in Chapala]

Los Telares has been closed for a while

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, artsnob said:

Will they be still open to do their famous thanksgiving spread, I will sign up for it one last time.

IMO It's a little early to worry about Thanksgiving. However, if you read the article it states they are closing end of year. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Manix's 35+ years of service to the community with amazing holiday values, superb custom catering and universally wonderful international cuisine is moving to the Carretera with private parking, handicap access, huge dining room, bar, new staff, nightly entertainment,  elegant expansive private meeting/ dining, tranquil / beautiful garden dining. new exciting menu and more. Renovations are underway and the atmosphere will be amazing. We are praying to be open at some point in February.

In the meantime, there will be a romantic special event at the beautiful old hacienda for Valentine's Day. Reservations being accepted now at 331. 065.0725 

We are hoping that Manix II will blow you away . Please be patient and confident! Hecror has been in this business longer than almost anyone and you should remember his success at the Chapala Country club. He is planning meticulously! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, artsnob said:

But where will it be??

I am sure Ibarra is thinking the same thing I am.  Why do you care exactly where it is? You are moving out of the area soon and I doubt you will make the trip from Monterey to go to Manix. However, maybe you will.

• Thanks 1

Manix is ready to continue its' dedicated service to the community! They are currently doing special events and catering as the WOW value is being added to the new venue. I.E. Valentines Day at a private elegant Ajijic Hacienda

( almost sold out in 48 hours), fund raiser for the Ranch, special events and catering. This is a long standing family business and needs your support especially now. Thanks for all you can do.

Why aren't we giving out the address? It is a construction site and not safe for visitors. When it is safe, rest assured all friends will be welcomed to tour. Special events are already being planned for friends.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...