Chapala.com Webboard

opinion please what kind of spider is this its black widow, or brown recluse or hobo spider

• traderspoc changed the title to opinion please what kind of spider is this its black widow, bor brown recluse or hobo spider

As mentioned, use Google "Lens" to take a pic and google will search. I get it is in the family of 'orb-weavers', just not specific enough.

Is the bottom photo taken of its underside or is it another spider?

EDIT: I do LOVE the large spiders produced here, even met a Black Widow while gardening.  😊

• traderspoc changed the title to opinion please what kind of spider is this its black widow, or brown recluse or hobo spider

i did some research

Argiope trifasciata, the banded orb-weaving spider is also commonly submitted for identification from August through October, or first freeze. The adult female searches for a spot to lay the eggsac and may enter people's homes or areas around the home. The eggs will hatch in the spring. These spiders are an excellent predator of pest insects and should be released back into the yard. They are not dangerous to humans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, traderspoc said:

i did some research

Argiope trifasciata, the banded orb-weaving spider is also commonly submitted for identification from August through October, or first freeze. The adult female searches for a spot to lay the eggsac and may enter people's homes or areas around the home. The eggs will hatch in the spring. These spiders are an excellent predator of pest insects and should be released back into the yard. They are not dangerous to humans.

I get lots in my garden. They catch lots of flies, mosquitoes, etc, 

• Like 3