Chapala.com Webboard

Jump all over people---

---- when they're down for the count already. Hairdresser in Chapala Centro was just given the stack of document's to fill out in order to open her shop and told she must buy a forehead thermometer[cost $2500p] and a special mat for her entrance which is only available in Guadalajara from somebody's cousin I suspect. There has been virtually no access and parking to and near her shop for months and she just learned that the sidewalk in front will be ripped up again due to more incompetence. Seems like just another way of killing off small  business. Our Presidente said he's out to help Chapala business???? How is this help???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

---- when they're down for the count already. Hairdresser in Chapala Centro was just given the stack of document's to fill out in order to open her shop and told she must buy a forehead thermometer[cost $2500p] and a special mat for her entrance which is only available in Guadalajara from somebody's cousin I suspect. There has been virtually no access and parking to and near her shop for months and she just learned that the sidewalk in front will be ripped up again due to more incompetence. Seems like just another way of killing off small  business. Our Presidente said he's out to help Chapala business???? How is this help???

Politics, Dude. Although at this level since it's not unconstitional, you probably won't get any flack.

And I agree with your concern. I believe that this is exactly the kind of situation where the local government should be offering financial support, instead of putting the burden for their new rules on the business owner. Especially the small businesses. (Not to mention that shoe-wiping is a ridiculous concept.)

• Thanks 1

It would be nice if the government could help but do you have any idea how much debt Chapala is in?  They just don't have enough money because they have to pay off old debt from previous government and costs associated with employees.  Not making excuses for government but pointing out the debt is huge and it saps the ability to do the right thing in my opinion.

Good point, but I don't think it's valid here. One doesn't stop spending money to help just because of financial problems. It's the municipal government, for cryin' out loud. Take from one (like, say, the numerous cousins in the concrete business) to cover the other. Especially at a time like this. Not to mention every local gov't has been in debt over their heads since I got here, always because of the one before, and yet they muddle through with hugely unnecessary local projects.

I would suggest that the thermometer and Special doormat are unnecessary for the small businesses they are forcing to buy these. They've already suffered enough and this nonsense is just one more nail in their coffin if they're not in one already. No handouts from gov't necessary if they do away with this useless burden.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tsktsktsk said:

Good point, but I don't think it's valid here. One doesn't stop spending money to help just because of financial problems. It's the municipal government, for cryin' out loud. Take from one (like, say, the numerous cousins in the concrete business) to cover the other. Especially at a time like this. Not to mention every local gov't has been in debt over their heads since I got here, always because of the one before, and yet they muddle through with hugely unnecessary local projects.

I am not saying that they shouldn't help.  I was just trying to point out one of the huge problems all cities have with debt and Chapala is very high on the list. So is Guad. If you don't believe me go read the financial statements. They are very scary especially with legal decrees hanging over them for huge amounts of money from previous administration actions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcscats said:

I am not saying that they shouldn't help.  I was just trying to point out one of the huge problems all cities have with debt and Chapala is very high on the list. So is Guad. If you don't believe me go read the financial statements. They are very scary especially with legal decrees hanging over them for huge amounts of money from previous administration actions. 

You don't get it.

Just now, pappysmarket said:

We're all being prepped to be like the sheeple in Venezuela. This is just a test run to see how we react.

If you really believe that you better empty your bank account and  run now..better still, sprint..those folks in Venezuela are really suffering

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I would suggest that the thermometer and Special doormat are unnecessary for the small businesses they are forcing to buy these. They've already suffered enough and this nonsense is just one more nail in their coffin if they're not in one already. No handouts from gov't necessary if they do away with this useless burden.

Exactly.

5 hours ago, happyjillin said:

There is a list of protocols that (small) and other businesses in Guad have to meet during this Phase Zero in order to meet requirements for a sticker that shows they are allowed to operate once we get to Phase One (which is hoped to begin June 1).  I suspect these requirements fall under that same set or rules, and if so Chapala gov't has nothing at all to do with it.... it's a STATE thing and is being required of all.

2 hours ago, barrbower said:

I drove by earlier today and there was a sign on the door saying "closed until further notice" on the clubhouse.  Nobody on the course either.

Alan

I understand it has been resolved effective tomorrow, and the closure was due to a miscommunication.    Members are OK.  No public players, guests, green fee etc.

7 hours ago, happyjillin said:

So, the little shops which have been open without all that are allowed to stay open no problem while the ones which have had no income this whole time need to shell out $$ in order to open? There is always a year before laws go into effect and then another period of time for people to get used to it. Now it is immediate? BTW, one of the little tiendas near me have people going in and out without masks all the time. I guess that is OK but another business needs to toe the line perfectly. So sad, these rules are killing the small businesses. I already heard of a once thriving business which is closing its' doors forever.

6 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

We're all being prepped to be like the sheeple in Venezuela. This is just a test run to see how we react.

6 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

absolutely, go to Jeff Berwick's Dollar Vigilante report today "I Cant Breathe"

______

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Our development just received notice from the gov't that pool , club house and gym must be closed until further notice

I would think your development would fall under the private group rules.  A development like yours is not a public facility. 

You might want to ask your board to consult your attorney.

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

There is a list of protocols that (small) and other businesses in Guad have to meet during this Phase Zero in order to meet requirements for a sticker that shows they are allowed to operate once we get to Phase One (which is hoped to begin June 1).  I suspect these requirements fall under that same set or rules, and if so Chapala gov't has nothing at all to do with it.... it's a STATE thing and is being required of all.

Yes. Exactly. The office I work in was certified yesterday to re-open (with strict protocols and limitations) to protect everyone's health: employees, clients, vendors etc., anyone who might enter the office. As I understand it, these requirements were dictated by the state, and are being implemented/certified/enforced by local Chapala government authorities. I didn't realize until today--because I wasn't involved--that it was a lot more work than I'd imagined to "qualify" the office to re-open legally. 

Jalisco requirements....administered locally, with latitude granted to allow for different types of businesses. (i.e. a medical facility is different than a real estate office is different than a BerryMex farm is different than an Hewlett-Packard Plant.........and bla bla bla.)

In other words, an ENORMOUS undertaking. Subject to modifications, of course.

I give Jalisco State credit for taking on a huge task. Imagine! Of course there will be burps and hiccups and discoveries of unintended consequences.

Pandemics are rarely convenient. They suck.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

I would think your development would fall under the private group rules.  A development like yours is not a public facility. 

You might want to ask your board to consult your attorney.

Dan If its a Frac its an AC and is required to apply for reopening.

SunFan

• Like 1