Chapala.com Webboard

What is this in La Floresta?

HarryB

Right click on the Tuesday October 18 and open in a new window.  What that is is a condo development the association has been fighting with little success.

You can guess which local government approved this over the strenuous objection of the community.

Guest bennie2

as i said for many years, floresta will not exist. eventually it will be apt buildings, parking lots, strip malls. just like ugly guadalajara. developers will buy entire blocks. it will be for the common good, job creation.

There was a rumoured major condo farm where Tabarka restaurant is. Much of the land has been assembled. The version of the rumour I heard was that the Billy Moon mansion will be the clubhouse and some condo conversions.

Here's another one that snuck in here. I saw a sign of the Libramiento, directing to Lomas de Santa Maria. I thought it was a village I did not know about. I'm not clear if this a Infonavit community, and if so, can anybody purchase these units?

http://www.lomasdesantamaria.com/informacion

Guest bennie2

kind of off topic but: i think the shabby streets on guadaloup will be eventually torn down to build shaddy apt houses. there wont be many small grocery stores. think of it as a cement envirement. 

45 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

So we are looking at another phase of construction to "Club Nautico"? This much was completed in 2011. At about 2:20 on this you tube - look at your new neighbours. Still would rather be a hill topper than a swamp dweller:lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIQEmUDn8Xw

get your meaning !! also a lack of moored yachts in the clip. many weekends there lots of security outside. looks a nice place though.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

So we are looking at another phase of construction to "Club Nautico"? This much was completed in 2011. At about 2:20 on this you tube - look at your new neighbours. Still would rather be a hill topper than a swamp dweller:lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIQEmUDn8Xw

I see a group of people having a good time at their private club. What do you see?

5 hours ago, Rusty Guy said:

As a 10+ years resident of lower La Floresta I am appalled by this construction!   I partially blame the very ineffective La Floresta Board of Directors and it's magement.

Be alert Lakeside before all the beachfront turns into Condo projects.

The management of La Floresta has been very effective in illegally blocking streets.  Sound like someone was bought off.

Club Nautico has been in La Floresta longer than anyone who posts or reads on this board.

I looked at the location today. No way this building can interfere with anyone's "view", and since it's on their own property, just whose business is it to question how they handle it?

In my view, certainly a far distant second to the ugly and intrusive scale to that monstrosity on the libramiento that is part of El Dorado!

Archived