Chapala.com Webboard

POLICE ASLEEP

Mijo

38 minutes ago, Mijo said:

1.  I never see any police patrols on the carretera.

2.  Toppling these poles took many hours. WHERE WERE THE POLICE???

1.. Never?  I see them on the carretera all the time.

2.  Patrolling neighborhoods as they're supposed to do.   

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

If the cartel pulled this off, they would just call the police comandante in Chapala and give him a heads up so that no one would interrupt their work.  They know the drill, they are not stupid.  Anyone notice that no cameras were down in the municipio of Jocotepec?  Makes you wonder why?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mijo said:

If folks see the police patrol the carretera then where were they when this took place. 

Counting their payoff to not get in the way and allowed to live another day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't blame them.  The government can't protect any public official, let alone the police.  Mexico is a narco state.

If you are a cop here you have two choices:  Take the money and see nothing, hear nothing, do nothing.

OR

You are dead.

Just stay away from these people.  Don't buy drugs from them, as some expats locally do.  Don't go to any club they go to, stick to the old gringo hangouts.

And stay off the streets at night.

They really aren't interested in you if you aren't interested in them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Kiko said:

Anyone notice that no cameras were down in the municipio of Jocotepec?

Actually Guad TV news this a.m. said San Juan Cosala and Joco both were affected, along with lakeside sites.  No doubt in their minds cartels did it. And anyone dumb enough to think this wasn't a co-ordinated assault better retreat into their cave and stay there.  Governor on TV this a.m. as well...... no doubt  all will be up and running again soon.     

These cameras are "urban shield" and  can follow a license plate once it's captured, predicting destination and alerting cops ahead of same so they can trap the baddies. Cartels not happy campers that lakeside carretera is now linked to Guad system.                                                                                                                       

@Natasha thanks for the west side update.  I was in Joco most of yesterday and did not see any cameras down but I am sure some were affected.  The same cartel runs all of the towns lakeside so makes sense. 

As far as license plates are concerned, I usually throw a handful of mud on my license plates when I drive into Guad so no more camera tickets for me.  I suppose the criminals have that covered also.

My understanding is these are NOT the " ticketing" cameras.  They're used to see many things on multi-screens in various secure locations and used to verify what actually happened in accidents, robberies on streets/sidewalks etc., assaults, and a host of other things.  Can be used for evidence when determining fault in some cases. 

Some may not know that recently at least 4 hidden locations were discovered where the BAD guys had their OWN systems in operation,  so they'd know what the cops were doing and could redirect baddies around goodies!! 

20 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

You may have missed the fact that "they" do not have license plates on their toys. (I see them in my area and will add that they are nice toys to play with 😊).

Maybe not on their  weekend toys.  But for sure on the BIG BOY vehicles they use when criminal intent is involved.

8 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

I can't blame them.  The government can't protect any public official, let alone the police.  Mexico is a narco state.

If you are a cop here you have two choices:  Take the money and see nothing, hear nothing, do nothing.

OR

You are dead.

Just stay away from these people.  Don't buy drugs from them, as some expats locally do.  Don't go to any club they go to, stick to the old gringo hangouts.

And stay off the streets at night.

They really aren't interested in you if you aren't interested in them.

This man hit the nail on the head. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2