Chapala.com Webboard

Kirkland Salted Butter

While I was at Costco yesterday, I AGAIN asked the manager to please stock Kirkland SALTED butter. He told me that his buyer did not believe there was any demand for salted butter. I told him that I would try to prove to his buyer that there is indeed a demand for salted butter and I would try to demonstrate that many of us "grongo's" would buy it as would Pancho at Superlake.

If you would like to see Costco stock salted butter, please respond to this messaage and when (and if) I get enough responses, I will forward them to the manager who said if there was enough interest they would get it in.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been buying the Kirkland Unsalted butter for years and it's deeelicious. It's what you get used to. If I want to make it salted, I lightly sprinkle salt on the toast, note, I said lightly.

I think Kirkland's Unsalted butter is as good as Lurpak and a hellava lot cheaper too. I like the way it's packaged.

Count us in too! And I know that Helperguy would also like to add his name to the list.

BTW, even if your baking recipe calls for "unsalted" butter, there is usually salt in the recipe. Just use the salted butter and forget about adding any extra salt called for in the recipe. Works for me.

Not me. We have so much salt in our diets...I now have to ask whatever I buy for the sodium content. It is a preservative and processors just load the food with it. To me most of it so salty it is unedible. I like my butter unsalted.

But I can see that I am in minority. I like Kirkland's unsalted. It is very tasty....like my grandma used to make :-)))

NO, NO, NO! I would not buy salted butter. I can't imagine why anyone thinks they need salted butter. More importantly, why would you go out of your way to change the business decisions of a Guadalajara retailer? Are you going to help him if he loses money on this decision?

NO, NO, NO! I would not buy salted butter. I can't imagine why anyone thinks they need salted butter. More importantly, why would you go out of your way to change the business decisions of a Guadalajara retailer? Are you going to help him if he loses money on this decision?

I think they have convinced themselves that they NEED salted butter, but they don't. We've been using unsalted Kirkland for years and it's one of the best butters we have tasted, just like Land O Lakes that you get taken on here.

While I cook with unsalted butter I think it is tastless for eating. I only use salted butter and I put it on everything.

I go to Costco every two to three weeks and I always look to see it if is in stock.

(same thing with pure Maple Syrup).

Order a shipment Mr. Manager and let's see what happens..

If you would like to see Costco stock salted butter, please respond to this messaage and when (and if) I get enough responses, I will forward them to the manager who said if there was enough interest they would get it in.

I would also like to have the choice of Kirkland SALTED butter.

We do our shopping at the Costco on Lopez Mateos. I am guessing you are talking about the Costco off of Rafel Sanzio in Zapopan, is this correct?

Elrich, thanks for bringing this up. You specifically asked that those interested in buying salted butter respond to this message, so why the responses from those who are NOT interested?

Count me in...I do buy the unsalted version, but find it tasteless, and a little salt in my butter is not a health concern for me, thanks.

Archived