Chapala.com Webboard

Good home delivery pizza

Mainecoons

Looks like the Pizza Del Barrio in San Antonio is gone, we really liked it.

Looking to order in a good pizza this evening.  

How good is Adelitas Pizza?  We order ribs from there, the delivery is always excellent.

Any other recommended pizza not too far away from SE Ajijic that delivers?

Thanks.

Well, we ended up ordering Adelitas pizza because we like their other offerings and their home delivery has been excellen.

MAJOR MISTAKE.  Without doubt the worst pizza we've had here, maybe the worst in our long lives.  Whomever fixed it hasn't a clue what pizza is supposed to look like and taste like.

Imagine a pizza with no tomato sauce and some sort of mystery curdy gummy cheese not at all suitable for pizza with the other topping thrown loosely on top.  A total lack of the normal  seasoning one expects on pizza.

Really bad, folks.  Dominos is at least mediocre.  This is far below Dominos.

We'll continue to patronize Adelitas for their good rib meals but never again this awful pizza.  It wasn't cheap so we are trying to figure out if it is fixable before tossing the thing out in the trash.

UPDATE:  Unfixable.  For the first time in my long life we threw out half a pizza.  That's how bad it was.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 6:00 PM, Mainecoons said:

Well, we ended up ordering Adelitas pizza because we like their other offerings and their home delivery has been excellen.

MAJOR MISTAKE.  Without doubt the worst pizza we've had here, maybe the worst in our long lives.  Whomever fixed it hasn't a clue what pizza is supposed to look like and taste like.

Imagine a pizza with no tomato sauce and some sort of mystery curdy gummy cheese not at all suitable for pizza with the other topping thrown loosely on top.  A total lack of the normal  seasoning one expects on pizza.

Really bad, folks.  Dominos is at least mediocre.  This is far below Dominos.

We'll continue to patronize Adelitas for their good rib meals but never again this awful pizza.  It wasn't cheap so we are trying to figure out if it is fixable before tossing the thing out in the trash.

UPDATE:  Unfixable.  For the first time in my long life we threw out half a pizza.  That's how bad it was.

If I am to follow rules, you do too.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OldWEB said:

If I am to follow rules, you do too.

I was posting about bad pizza.  Really bad pizza.  Exactly what is personal about that?  

Did you make the pizza?

I'll freely admit after throwing out half of a pizza that was anything but cheap I felt very uncivil towards it.  

Do you think the pizza got hurt feelings from my report?

If not, what are you complaining about?  Please feel free to PM me and clear up this mystery. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moderator-2 said:

I was posting about bad pizza.  Really bad pizza.  Exactly what is personal about that?  

Did you make the pizza?

I'll freely admit after throwing out half of a pizza that was anything but cheap I felt very uncivil towards it.  

Do you think the pizza got hurt feelings from my report?

If not, what are you complaining about?  Please feel free to PM me and clear up this mystery. 

2. If you have a negative experience with a local business or professional, do not post the name of same directly but advise readers to PM you for that information.

3 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Rule #1 in Mexico is there are no rules. 😊

Then why was my one topic ripped out?? I see NO rule 'bout "elections". If I am wrong, please direct ME to the "rules board".

As Ferret posted, here is the post (in a larger font) that you should read. It is the first posting forum Ajijic/Chapala/GDL. Not discussing religion or politics is mentioned by the Moderator:

Reminder: YOU CAN PERSONALLY IGNORE POSTERS YOU FIND TO BE OBNOXIOUS, TEDIOUS, WEIRD OR WHATEVER

By moderator-2
December 18, 2022 in Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara

"...so long as one's posting does not get involved in religion, politics, libel of local people or businesses or this Board, or abusive personal attack it is OK."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate reviews on restaurants both good and bad. The more details the better, and I think it is stupid I would have to pm someone to get the name of the restaurant.  I have owned several restaurants and if I put out bad food, I deserved to be called out on it.  If the pizza was bad from Adelitas doesn't mean all their food is bad but this is a heads up to be leery of the pizza which they are not known for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/5/2024 at 12:32 PM, ibarra said:

As Ferret posted, here is the post (in a larger font) that you should read. It is the first posting forum Ajijic/Chapala/GDL. Not discussing religion or politics is mentioned by the Moderator:

Reminder: YOU CAN PERSONALLY IGNORE POSTERS YOU FIND TO BE OBNOXIOUS, TEDIOUS, WEIRD OR WHATEVER

By moderator-2
December 18, 2022 in Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara

"...so long as one's posting does not get involved in religion, politics, libel of local people or businesses or this Board, or abusive personal attack it is OK."

So a mention of a few topics in an obscure thread referring to a "Reminder" constitutes the rules of the Board? And it is dated a year ago.... Sheeeesh......

All I asked was for some laid out forum rules, all decent forums have them, typically called "Community Rules".

• 4 weeks later...

We have had a couple of good thin crust pizzas over the past month from M & J’s .They share a location with Popeyes Bar at the east end of the La Huerta shopping center just west of town ( Ajijic ). I pick up as it’s close to the house …but I do see delivery motorcycles parked outside.

• Thanks 1