Chapala.com Webboard

Peso to U.S. dollar this morning

ibarra

On 9/27/2023 at 9:04 AM, tomgates said:

Jre

The yen was 250 a million years ago. In the recent history, hitting 150 is new low

Which, of course, means the yen is really Strong now.

IN 2010 the Yen was in the 87-94 to the Dollar range   

IN 2020 the Yen was in the 102-112 to the Dollar range

in Sept 2023 pushing the 150 to the Dollar range is  NOT getting stronger  

Meanwhile the Peso to dollar range seems to be in the 17,4 to 17.7 range in the last week. Many FX traders and banks are forecasting a possible 18 by years end, 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ibarra said:

Per XE.com just now?

1 USD = 16.9726 MXN

1 MXN = 0.0589186 USD

The usa fed is talking rate reduction with usa still having mega inflation. So get ready for the peso to rise. Usa fed is showing how horrible they are at this. They slow inflation down to just 3% increase but haven't brought down inflation from the past 2 years at all.  The usa bubble is going to pop and its going to be really bad.  While mexico fed has been doing a pretty good job.  So get ready for that usd to drop against the peso bad.

On 12/22/2023 at 9:09 AM, Usvetsinmexico said:

The usa fed is talking rate reduction with usa still having mega inflation. So get ready for the peso to rise. Usa fed is showing how horrible they are at this. They slow inflation down to just 3% increase but haven't brought down inflation from the past 2 years at all.  The usa bubble is going to pop and its going to be really bad.  

US Inflation Rate is at 3.14%, compared to 3.24% last month and 7.11% last year. This is lower than the long term average of 3.28%. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, RickS said:

US Inflation Rate is at 3.14%, compared to 3.24% last month and 7.11% last year. This is lower than the long term average of 3.28%. 

That is the growth. The total inflation that has collected the last 3 years is still alive.  They need to stop inflation and claw some back unless the current leadership is ok with the huge amount of inflation from the last 3 years staying. If so usa citizens better be ok with 20 usd for a fast food lunch! 10 usd for eggs. They need to keep going with rates to not only stop but lower inflation.  But the fed is giving the investor class what it wants with lower rates to try and kick the can till after the 2024 elections to keep the stock market bubble up till after the election.

5 hours ago, tomgates said:

Usvets--the FED has not lowered interest rates. Fast food lunch is about $10 and eggs are 2-5.00. 

You better go look online. Tons of pictures and videos of 15 to 20 usd fast food lunches all over the internet with real receipts. 3% inflation per quarter like the above poster shows is 12% a year. And we have had this for 3 years.  We need to not just stop the 3% a quarter inflation but get some negative inflation a few quarters to get the total inflation down.

The truth is all governments love to underestimate or even fib about inflation.  There's plenty of it here as well, particularly in local restaurants, rents and government.  

When we moved here 15 years ago, it was significantly cheaper than now even with the Peso around $10.  That's how substantial inflation has been here.

Pretty hard to not having taken a 15-20 percent hit here in the last couple years.  This place is no longer cheap.  We just got back from Oaxaca and in the city there's been a lot of inflation in rents as well.  Our hosts live in a small town about a half hour south and they noted a U.S. family rented a house there for about $400 per month, moving out of Oaxaca because of the rents.  

That is so unusual the whole town knows about it and wondering if it is just the beginning.

Although the U.S. Fed is talking lower interest rates, so is the Mexican Fed.  If you invest in Cetes here, now is the time to go as long as possible.  Mexico News Daily has a piece predicting the Peso will drop significantly next year.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 7:30 PM, Usvetsinmexico said:

You better go look online. Tons of pictures and videos of 15 to 20 usd fast food lunches all over the internet with real receipts. 3% inflation per quarter like the above poster shows is 12% a year. And we have had this for 3 years.  We need to not just stop the 3% a quarter inflation but get some negative inflation a few quarters to get the total inflation down.

Prices go up and rarely come down. Vicious circle playing catch up all the time. I've had an interesting week looking online for a one bedroom apartment for my granddaughter in Toronto. She and her friend have budgeted 2,000 Canadian dollars a month to achieve this. Gasp. And nearly all the apartments for rent are 2,000 and above. Out of curiosity, I set my search in Guildwood Village where I lived with my mum during Grade 12 and 13. A one bedroom, in the same building, now rents for 2,250.00 per month. My mum paid $125.00 (yes, one hundred and twenty-five) for the same apartment. She made $65.00 per week gross as a legal stenographer. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

10 hours ago, Ferret said:

Prices go up and rarely come down. Vicious circle playing catch up all the time. I've had an interesting week looking online for a one bedroom apartment for my granddaughter in Toronto. She and her friend have budgeted 2,000 Canadian dollars a month to achieve this. Gasp. And nearly all the apartments for rent are 2,000 and above. Out of curiosity, I set my search in Guildwood Village where I lived with my mum during Grade 12 and 13. A one bedroom, in the same building, now rents for 2,250.00 per month. My mum paid $125.00 (yes, one hundred and twenty-five) for the same apartment. She made $65.00 per week gross as a legal stenographer. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

But it doesn't have too. Stop printing money and keep your rates higher to get inflation under control. Problem is both of those they won't do. Look at inflation from 1858 to 1912...... After 1912 inflation has been out of control...gee what happened in 1912...

• Like 1