Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

HELP! Please help save my life.... UNGENT.


Recommended Posts

You people know nothing about COPD. There is no cure and it escalates until death do you part. Mine has gotten a LITTLE worse since the rainy season started and if somebody gave me covid I would be dead in less than 24 hours. I ain't #%6  dead yet because I  take all the precautions available to me and as soon as I  can with my many disabilities I  will get vaxxed too. I was 83 this morning and 90 this afternoon and right now I have to use my puffer about 4 times a day which I hardly ever need when it's drier. ANGUS JUST NEEDS TO CALM DOWN.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to work as a respiratory therapist in Chicago where we had a COPD ward. In winter time the same ones always showed up, all blue and breathing with pursed lips. We would put a mask on and ventilate them until their color came back.  You can’t give them too much oxygen or they stop breathing on you. What you try to do is get rid of their high CO2.  Once we got them back to normal (their normal) we’d send them home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Snip,

I was 83 this morning and 90 this afternoon,.......snip

 

Well Happy birthdays to you!

This thread has shown a lot of concern and helpful suggestions to someone requesting help. 

I ran out of emoji (s), yesterday, acknowledging those that showed concern for what most likely is a stranger. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

I used to work as a respiratory therapist in Chicago where we had a COPD ward. In winter time the same ones always showed up, all blue and breathing with pursed lips. We would put a mask on and ventilate them until their color came back.  You can’t give them too much oxygen or they stop breathing on you. What you try to do is get rid of their high CO2.  Once we got them back to normal (their normal) we’d send them home.

There is no Chicago type winter here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

Well Happy birthdays to you!

This thread has shown a lot of concern and helpful suggestions to someone requesting help. 

I ran out of emoji (s), yesterday, acknowledging those that showed concern for what most likely is a stranger. 

 

You just gave another non helpful suggestion as yet one more person that has done so. 83 and 90 were my oxygen level  percentages on my monitor today, not my birthday. Nice that you have made fun of me with my COPD which is a terminal condition as is angus'. I am trying to be helpful to him by telling him not to worry about his oxygen readings,payaso whipstock. Find something else to do that may be helpful to someone or is that not in your nature.

pedro kertesz

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

You just gave another non helpful suggestion as yet one more person that has done so. 83 and 90 were my oxygen level  percentages on my monitor today, not my birthday. Nice that you have made fun of me with my COPD which is a terminal condition as is angus'. I am trying to be helpful to him by telling him not to worry about his oxygen readings,payaso whipstock. Find something else to do that may be helpful to someone or is that not in your nature.

pedro kertesz

I wrote "Happy Birthdays", plural. End of Joke,.....

 

I was no more making fun of your COPD, any more than you are belittling his.

I also suffer from it and use a rescue inhaler and Symbicort.

 

Even when a former respiratory therapist comments you are MORE informed.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, happyjillin said:

I did not belittle his COPD. Do you have a reading comprehension problem. The alleged resp therapist posted Chicago winter  COPD which is totally useless here.

"You people know nothing about COPD."

"ANGUS JUST NEEDS TO CALM DOWN."

YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!    🐎👈

 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This asshole is at 84% oxygen right now and  I don't need an oxygen generator. Angus needs to calm down and get back here where it is less humid but even here will affect his COPD  more than in the dry season. I have actually done phone with Angus and we more or less mutually agreed that we did not have a good fit to socialize in the real world, yet  I  am trying to help him deal with his COPD rationally unlike the rest of you. A simple thing like a Salbutamol puffer would help him.

10 hours ago, Jreboll said:

I used to work as a respiratory therapist in Chicago where we had a COPD ward. In winter time the same ones always showed up, all blue and breathing with pursed lips. We would put a mask on and ventilate them until their color came back.  You can’t give them too much oxygen or they stop breathing on you. What you try to do is get rid of their high CO2.  Once we got them back to normal (their normal) we’d send them home.

instead of such a nebulous post,why don't you tell us, oh therapist, what their #'s were when they were "all blue with pursed lips"? Even when I have dropped to 79% nothing like that happened to me. Right now I am experiencing shortness of breath and the puffer plus Buckley's helps I have more allergy symptoms during the rainy season as well. Fortunately I  have an excellent doctor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bmh said:

So someone is asking for help and happyjillin is hijicking the thread to talk anout his greatself.. SAD..

And I was so heartened to see the kind reactions to the original post. Celebrated too soon. At least HJ didn't post 5,000 pictures of his great self, be grateful.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You people are out to lunch. I did not HIGHJACK THIS THREAD and make it about me. Unlike the rest of you I am trying to help him with truth of his condition and part of that is showing him that my COPD symptoms are at the same stage as his, which none of you have done. Ask any REAL doctor or the only mostly correct researcher of things medical on this board,ferret. And yes I  know a lot about various things medical too based on experience. 2 more highjackers with nothing to add about COPD to help angus , BMH AND KAM. Angus showed panic in his OP and none of you have helped him with that which can only make his COPD worse.

pedro kertesz

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kam said:

And I was so heartened to see the kind reactions to the original post. Celebrated too soon. At least HJ didn't post 5,000 pictures of his great self, be grateful.

I am still impressed by the help and information originally offered by this board. It is nice to see.

 

We did get the Negative bashing, followed by the self praise. But as you indicated, at least there wasn't a picture of himself in a rainbow wig and big floppy shoes this time (yet).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AndyPanda said:

No, and don't give him any ideas. Bad enough we got to see his BBQd chicken, like that's important to anyone but himself.

 

Angus, I hope everything works out.

And any type of food post does not fit the criteria of la cocina or just when I post? At least 2 posters wish to have a taste-eh! 99.9% of what you post is drivel useful to no one. Everything will work out for angus if he gets over his anxiety attack.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, nobody gives a crap. Second, nobody gives a crap about your stinkin' photos. Third, it's definitely not your place to admonish people like Angus, or anyone else, on a webboard. In fact, knowing your personality online, it's definitely better if you just keep your mouth shut. We'll all be happier.

Now, if you decide you want to offer some actual help and advice from here on in, maybe you can rebuild some sort of reputation besides that of a grumpy pissed-off old dipstick who thinks his minimal life experience lends him any credence.

If I had help to offer Angus, I would, because while he can be fairly testy, he is also generally honest and not self-aggrandizing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

And any type of food post does not fit the criteria of la cocina or just when I post? At least 2 posters wish to have a taste-eh! 99.9% of what you post is drivel useful to no one. Everything will work out for angus if he gets over his anxiety attack.

So Angus doesn’t have a problem!  It’s just anxiety.  Very keen observation.

Let’s shut down this thread and give Angus the good news.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...