Chapala.com Webboard

Medical Exam for driver’s license in Jalisco

Jim R

Good as a car owner and a bike rider I have ran into way to many older drivers who are lost when driving. They are so focused ahead they see nothing else. Like bike riders on the bike path. So many times I have been almost hit by older gringo drivers.  And when I yell at them they jump almost out of there seat because they are surprised about the bike lane traffic. 

Since some can't make the safe choice themselves the state must come in and make it for them. 

I have an appointment on the 23rd. to renew my license.  I have already pre-paid. So, what should I do?

..If they want to obtain or renew their driver's license, adults over 75 years of age will have to present a health certificate that demonstrates that they have the physical and mental aptitudes to drive a car on the streets of the Entity . 

10 minutes ago, phil in mexico said:

I don't  think  it is presently  required I takes several  months and sometimes  several years  before the government  gets there s#%t together just my 2 cents 

The legislature approved the changes at they took effect on August 5.

This wouldnt be a problem if people just recognized they are to old to drive.  Anytime you see someone totally focused forward when driving.. they shouldn't be driving.  You are suppose to do a round robin on your mirrors constantly.  Perifrial vision diminishes as you age and thus makes it so you cant see what is coming at you from the sides which means you need to keep the eyes moving even more.  Like I keep saying I ride the bike path when I don't drive my car and the people who are shocked that bikes are riding on the bike path is scary.  These people litterly jump when I have to stop on top of there drivers window and they look at me like "what are you doing there" and that lets me know they are not thinking or looking at the bike path.  It happens a lot.  Heck just look at how bad they park.  Over the lines all the time messing up what little parking is available around here because they are taking up 2 spots because they don't even recognize they are over the line.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Usvetsinmexico said:

This wouldnt be a problem if people just recognized they are to old to drive.  Anytime you see someone totally focused forward when driving.. they shouldn't be d riving.  You are suppose to do a round robin on your mirrors constantly.  Perifrial vision diminishes as you age and thus makes it so you cant see what is coming at you from the sides which means you need to keep the eyes moving even more.  Like I keep saying I ride the bike path when I don't drive my car and the people who are shocked that bikes are riding on the bike path is scary.  These people litterly jump when I have to stop on top of there drivers window and they look at me like "what are you doing there" and that lets me know they are not thinking or looking at the bike path.  It happens a lot.  Heck just look at how bad they park.  Over the lines all the time messing up what little parking is available around here because they are taking up 2 spots because they don't even recognize they are over the line.

You must have an exceptional amount of time on your hands to stand around waiting until seniors are parking (to confirm that they are actually seniors AND that they are the ones who didn't park properly to begin with). Do you also have the time to check out who is parking in the handicapped parking spots as well?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/13/2023 at 6:40 AM, Usvetsinmexico said:

Good as a car owner and a bike rider I have ran into way to many older drivers who are lost when driving. They are so focused ahead they see nothing else. Like bike riders on the bike path. So many times I have been almost hit by older gringo drivers.  And when I yell at them they jump almost out of there seat because they are surprised about the bike lane traffic. 

Since some can't make the safe choice themselves the state must come in and make it for them. 

Did you ask them if they were gringos? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ferret said:

You must have an exceptional amount of time on your hands to stand around waiting until seniors are parking (to confirm that they are actually seniors AND that they are the ones who didn't park properly to begin with). Do you also have the time to check out who is parking in the handicapped parking spots as well?

I see them park.  Or my wife waits in the car when I go to the bank and she sees them come out.  The HSBC bank area is one of the worst areas for this.  But yes lets not talk about the obvious problem here people who shouldn't be driving but wont admit it.  I understand it sucks to lose something.  I have some disabilities that make it so I cant do everything I used to do.  But I learned from day 1 to understand what I should and shouldn't do. Florida has this problem too its not just a Lake chaplala thing.  And people talking about paying off doctors to keep driving really lets me know they shouldn't be driving. If they could pass the test they wouldn't be worried.

• Like 1