Chapala.com Webboard

M&J pizza

gringal

Is that M&J without Josue ( the J)?  Reason I ask is that Josue had opened Pizza2 GoGo and was next to the theatre above El Torito but moved to West Ajijic about a year ago.

He said he was moving to the street where the French bakery was located, but never could find him.  Anyone know of his whereabouts, if this is him reemerging?   

Thanks.

I am curious colormeblue just where can these better pizzas be had…….please don’t mention   Titas ,Casa del Rey or Serenata as none of them have a clue how to prove pizza dough… I would love a good pizza as even I don’t look forward to cooking in this heat . I believe josh is long gone.

3 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

I am curious colormeblue just where can these better pizzas be had…….please don’t mention   Titas ,Casa del Rey or Serenata as none of them have a clue how to prove pizza dough… I would love a good pizza as even I don’t look forward to cooking in this heat . I believe josh is long gone.

I heard Los Compadres on Constitution will start making pizza next month. I know it doesn't help today, but it may be an option in the future.

• Like 1

Los Compadres is one of the few restaurants in town that has a professional Chef ( the owner )…If he decides to make pizza with his international experience it may be a just what we need . Although we eat  at many restaurants I personally feel Teocintle and Los Compadres along with Casa Linda are way above the rest. Pancho tells me he’s going to put a major pizza oven in his west location so maybe…..

12 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Los Compadres is one of the few restaurants in town that has a professional Chef ( the owner )…If he decides to make pizza with his international experience it may be a just what we need . Although we eat  at many restaurants I personally feel Teocintle and Los Compadres along with Casa Linda are way above the rest. Pancho tells me he’s going to put a major pizza oven in his west location so maybe…..

The owner, Marco, hired the professional chef who is not the owner. 

My wife and I often have pizza at La Estacion above the Pancho's in Riberas. We were there just last night. Crust  is thin and crispy and the toppings are quality. The other thing we appreciate is that the crust is not slathered in sauce. Enough, but not drowning in red sauce. The also offer olive oil and white sauce alternatives. Worth a try.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 12:21 PM, mexijims1 said:

That really doesn't answer my question.  Is it Josue, who had been the J in M&J pizza or not? 

Short answer is No.

Longer/background answer: Josué "Josh" split from Moisés (the original M and J team that were at Perry's for a time) and opened his own place in Bugambilias, where the cinema delivery business was supposed to justify the move and location. It didn't and Covid and slow foot traffic caused him to move for a few months southwest past the French Bakery about a block and a half, during which time he and Moisés did reconcile for a bit and resume working together. That location was very tough for most to patronize and, despite their join attempts to have some indoor seating for clients beyond take-out pizzas (and they also had delivery issues), the location closed. I saw Josh several months ago crossing the carretera but, despite promises to reach out to me wherever he lands, he has not.

Juan, who was just a kid and now is a man, bought into M&J when they were off of Javier Mina and I still see him at Popeye's, where that pizza oven and business are still up and going.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

There is a new PZA, pizza place in the new building next to Coca Cola plant

Somebody let us know after they've tried it, please.

I can't help wondering what anyone is thinking that moves in there  at this point, however!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, gringal said:

Somebody let us know after they've tried it, please.

I can't help wondering what anyone is thinking that moves in there  at this point, however!

I would think the rent would be too high for a pizza shop.

We'll see how long it remains there.

God, that building is butt ugly.  😒

• Like 3