Chapala.com Webboard

2 Dogs dumped on side of highway

There are 2 sweet young dogs that were dumped on the side of the highway north of Haciendas at the JUCUM sign going to Ixtlahuacan out away from everyone about 2 weeks ago.  They stay there hoping I guess for the return of their owner.  Growing skinnier by the day and afraid eventually they will be hit by cars. I have 3 already and cannot take them, but wish I could.   Ive called the ranch.  They are full and saw other shelters are full.  Does anyone know who might take them?  Boswellbarbara3@gmail.com

Try Scruffy Dog Rescue in Ixtlahuacan. They are close to the dogs and may know of a foster. Crossed paws for doing this.

Right now is a difficult time because dogs adopted during the pandemic are being returned to shelters and shelters NOB aren't able to take as many of our strays as they once were.

https://web.facebook.com/StrayDogsofMexicoIxtlahuacan/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Please talk to Dr Daniel at DanVet next to Soriana and can someone please post this on the various local Facebook Mascota sites? These used to be a neighborhood watch group for the Haciendas. If they are still active, post there. Thank you Shag for all you are doing but there must be someone who can give you some help.

4 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

Please talk to Dr Daniel at DanVet next to Soriana and can someone please post this on the various local Facebook Mascota sites? These used to be a neighborhood watch group for the Haciendas. If they are still active, post there. Thank you Shag for all you are doing but there must be someone who can give you some help.

NewMtnmama you have a huge heart.  Thank you so much.  I just saw your post.  Ok, I will talk to that vet.  I went to Ladrone, The Ranch, talked to Bon Voyage, posted here, and put on Friendly Gringos and talked to Scruffy Dog Rescue in Ixtsy City.  Also, talked to Sue and the dog store who also has a huge heart.  She has tons of dogs.  She took a little 3 legged dog we found and got him a surgery and he was adopted quickly. But I know someone will come along.  This morning I gave them eggs, pork, linseed, vitimins, green beens and all flavored with bacon.  They lapped it up like it was their last meal.  They loved it.

17 hours ago, tomgates said:

Some lain brain snowbirds have long dumped their dogs prior to going up north. 

You don't know that it was "snowbirds".  As you can see from viewing prior posts on this board, locals IMO, tend to try and find homes for their unwanted pets when they can't take them or don't want to take them with them back NOB. 

We have locals where I live that have "dumped" their pets when they don't want them anymore.  We also have locals where I live that leave their pets out of their yard to run in the street when they go back to their homes in GDL.  Some only come on weekends and pets have to fend for themselves while owners are away.  

• 1 month later...