Chapala.com Webboard

Peso to U.S. dollar this morning

ibarra

3 hours ago, Usvetsinmexico said:

Maersk has announced that they will no longer be using the canal. And manzanilo will be getting all pacific traffic. Great news for Mexico

Nothing to do with Mexico. Maersk will use the port of Manzanillo, Panama. Goods will then be transported 80km via rail to the Atlantic side. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/01/11/panama-canal-drought-moves-maersk-to-start-using-land-bridge-for-cargo.html

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rckrckr said:

Nothing to do with Mexico. Maersk will use the port of Manzanillo, Panama. Goods will then be transported 80km via rail to the Atlantic side. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/01/11/panama-canal-drought-moves-maersk-to-start-using-land-bridge-for-cargo.html

I thought they ment manzanillo mexico. Was there when it read the article. Didnt see that its was manzanillo Panama.  I know mexico is working on a land rail across mexico

Made a wire transfer from Schwab to Multiva this morning. Received $17.02. 

The peso opened at $17.22 this morning and so far peaked at $17.38. It's currently at $17.28.

This was the fastest wire execution I've ever had with the entire process taking about 3 hours.

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

Isn’t checking peso rate every day a little obsessive?

Or possibly someone might want to exchange money and want to know if it is a good day to do so???? Or what the trend is to see if they should wait??  

By the number of views I guess maybe  there are a lot of obsessive folks here. 

• Like 1