Chapala.com Webboard

Things Better NOB--They can go fishing!

image.png.271fb4b8d586408b1ebef7b7c0cb3c9a.png

Due to the intense heat in Savannah, the little lion cub could not reach the nearest watering hole, but the mother lioness could not help him and suffered with him.

Noticing their suffering, a big and kind elephant came to the rescue.

Picking up the lion cub with his trunk, he carried him to the water. The lioness mother followed her son and the noble giant.

And we call them wild animals...

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Ibarra's post is a touching one and how true we wish it was for both the animal world and humans too.     However.....apparently it is an old and early "deep fake":    (sorry folks!)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/09/30/fact-check-altered-image-shows-elephant-carrying-lion-cub/5929997001/

I certainly hope you fact check each and every post on this site.  How to ruin a feel good story, true or not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Ibarra's post is a touching one and how true we wish it was for both the animal world and humans too.     However.....apparently it is an old and early "deep fake":    (sorry folks!)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/09/30/fact-check-altered-image-shows-elephant-carrying-lion-cub/5929997001/

Thanks for posting this. My radar went up when I saw it and was going to check it out with snopes but you beat me to it. I find the times we are living in to be vey dangerous because so much false information is being disseminated and people won't know what is truth unless it becomes a habit to fact check. A questionable image being revealed as fake is important to a mindset we should be cultivating - checking and backing up our thinking with facts. It is not about this particular image or feel good story - it's about being told stories and accepting them as reality. It's on a joke and humour page so maybe it's not to be taken seriously but it isn't a funny story - it is a contrived way of manipulating people's feelings. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Seren said:

Thanks for posting this. My radar went up when I saw it and was going to check it out with snopes but you beat me to it. I find the times we are living in to be vey dangerous because so much false information is being disseminated and people won't know what is truth unless it becomes a habit to fact check. A questionable image being revealed as fake is important to a mindset we should be cultivating - checking and backing up our thinking with facts. It is not about this particular image or feel good story - it's about being told stories and accepting them as reality. It's on a joke and humour page so maybe it's not to be taken seriously but it isn't a funny story - it is a contrived way of manipulating people's feelings. 

Exactly.   My view of this to use a parallel kind of thing:    If someone was mis-representing themselves as part of Cruz Roja, or Ninos Incapacitados, to solicit money, and someone got taken in by that and gave $$ and thus was defrauded......should they keep it to themselves or share it out with others for the greater good?      There was no intent to belittle or humiliate Ibarra in any way, just to get it out there that these kinds of things aren't always true or real, even if they are a feel good moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1