Chapala.com Webboard

Cole slaw

jrm30655

Yeah, I know this should be in food but no one ever looks there.

I want some good cole slaw to go with my ribs and baked beans. Need to find it tomorrow before lunch.

Suggestions?

Because I'm too lazy to make it, that's why...........

Since I've never found any premade I buy shredded cabbage and grated carrot at Walmart or Superlake. I add some grated onion and raisins and make some cole slaw dressing. I'll have to try that place by Puritan.

Same place...Tony's son in the next plaza to SuperLake going east...

imho, their potato salad is good and their cole slaw and their green salad with ranch dressing...the only iffy one is their macaroni salad and it's just plain boring.

I guess cole slaw is regional but I've never found any of these places to put onion in their slaw and they're all done with a mayo base. I still stand firmly in the crowd that prefer slaw that's oil and vinegar based (with caraway seeds too).

Sweet cole slaw? Bleh, ppptttt, tooy. I love the tangy stuff.

My whole life I've never liked cole-slaw because it was always too sweet. Hated it. Always avoided it. Then I tasted one that wasn't. What a difference!

I like what they do at Adelita's in San Antonio. Crunchy, fresh, tart and tangy, etc.

Food is so personal.

Provecho! And to each their own!

I cannot believe this thread! If you cannot make cole slaw or potato salad, you must suffer from severe culinary handicap syndrome. According to Darwin, you should be too emaciated to reproduce and will expire soon. Survival of the fittest, you know.

Dressing recipe from Emeril (for about 8 C of slaw)

3/4 C mayo

1/4 C dijon mustard

1/4 C packed light brown sugar

3 T apple cider vinegar

2 T buttermilk

2 t celery seeds

1 t salt

1/4 t fresh ground black pepper

1/8 t cayenne pepper

I cannot believe this thread! If you cannot make cole slaw or potato salad, you must suffer from severe culinary handicap syndrome. According to Darwin, you should be too emaciated to reproduce and will expire soon. Survival of the fittest, you know.

For the record, I make great potato salad, coleslaw, greek salad, mixed green salads and KILLER Caesar salad with my own dressing.

However, that's not what the OP asked...

Archived