Chapala.com Webboard

Validad and parking tickets

I just left Chapala.  Double parking in front of Comex and Casther store. Without double parking, how can you pick up any items that are heavy/large as there simply isn't enough parking!  Personally, we haven't seen any change regarding double parking.  Now that there is 60% less parking I would image we will actually see more double parking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 7:29 AM, SunFan said:

Election year.... gotta build up the coffers before emptying.

SunFan

Typical stupid comment by an expat.  Whenever the police try to enforce the laws some expat has to make a stupid comment…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Typical stupid comment by an expat.  Whenever the police try to enforce the laws some expat has to make a stupid comment…

La casa que ahora tengo fue construida por Pedro Arellano para el alcalde saliente de Chapala a principios de los años 2000. Lo estaba pagando con fondos municipales pero lo pillaron. Arellano luego se lo vendió a un texano a quien se lo compramos en 2012.

Durante los últimos 10 años he trabajado en las Juntas Directivas de dos CCAA y que tratan regularmente con el Municipio. Los motivadores parecen ser una buena sesión de fotos y dinero. De lo contrario no me molestes.

The house I now own was built by Pedro Arellano for the retiring mayor of Chapala in the early 2,000's. He  was paying for it with municipal funds but got caught. Arellano then sold it to a Texan from whom we purchased in 2012.

For the past 10 years I have worked on the Boards of two ACs and that deal regularly with the Municipality. The motivators seem to be a good photo op and money. Otherwise don't bother me.

SunFan

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Anyone who has lived here for years knows how Chapala and the cops work and are "motivated."  Anyone who doesn't must have been living under a rock.

Transito games around the holidays in particular are well known though I have to say those seem to have decreased significantly over the 15 years we've lived here.

As noted previously, there are great numbers of legitimate and real violations for them to raise money off of these days.  Maybe that's why the "conjured up variety have decreased.  

Some macho-duck in a light brown large 4 door pickup today, did a massive donut on the lake side of the carraterra in a dirt parking lot, purposefully spraying clouds of dust and dirt all over the roadway in the process.     Total bozo.    Dangerous and stupid thing to do.   

A block further east, I passed a Chapala police pickup, he headed in that direction and pulled him over about 30 seconds later.   

Good to see it and I hope it continues.      

• Like 3