Chapala.com Webboard

Hope we get the rain (not so much the colder temps)

Ask Conagua

I tried... Their website "English" button does not work, like on most of the MX gov't websites... So if they cannot have a working website, I am to trust their weather forecasts? Nah. Like anyplace, look out the window, trust yer bunion or joints and look at a radar image of the area.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Gee.... I wonder if you think NOB gov't websites should all have Spanish buttons.......?

If it has a button, yes IT SHOULD WORK!

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

It is an email address I gave so send an email. ...... and their webside is very quick and easy to use,

Estamos en Mexico  Si no puedes hablar o escribir español, usa el botón de traducción en Chrome o Edge.

When in Rome.......

IT HAS A BUTTON FOR "English".....

Why am I to inquire about something you posted in Spanish, is posted on a "English" forum and that post is questionable.... why can you not explain since it is YOU that posted it. Stand behind your post.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, OldWEB said:

I tried... Their website "English" button does not work, like on most of the MX gov't websites... So if they cannot have a working website, I am to trust their weather forecasts? Nah. Like anyplace, look out the window, trust yer bunion or joints and look at a radar image of the area.

OldWeb--You seem to be annoying some people, whether or not you're commenting about weather. Does this happen wherever you go?

Lexy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, OldWEB said:

IT HAS A BUTTON FOR "English".....

Why am I to inquire about something you posted in Spanish, is posted on a "English" forum and that post is questionable.... why can you not explain since it is YOU that posted it. Stand behind your post.

Sorry you do not have the ability to use an online translator, nor are able to learn Spanish. Your problem Not mine.  ¡Qué triste! 🙂

You had a question and I gave you a way to find out .....The email I posted needed no translation, but you chose not to use it. ....so don't blame me for your shortcomings.

I am adding today's forecast for Chapala(not the airport) from CONAGUA ....Too bad you can't read it  however others can.

x13.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

There is big difference between the USA and Mexico. The USA actually has no official language. Many years ago legislation was introduced to make English the official language but did not pass in congress.

Some states have enacted laws making English their official language.  In California you can take a written drivers test in 7 languages. 

Mexico does have an official language. It is Spanish. 

Mexico also, apparently has no official language; https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/irlanda/index.php/la-embajada/acerca-de-mexico

"Official Language: No official language, most of the mexicans speaking spanish but various languages spoken by indigenous populations." 

I just opened my back door and noticed that the outdoor concrete entrance was slightly wet and when I walked upside, I could feel a very light rain hitting my forehead.  I was shock, came here online and saw that I wasn't the only one experiencing this rain.  I hope we get a little more. The lake level sure could use a little to quite a bit of rain. I just hope we don't get too much.

May we all have a wet night, outdoors that is. Please check for any window or door that should be closed. I'm in upper Ajijic and just checked the Ajijic weather station webpage. They don't show any rain as of today.

Have a good night

Pete.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:39 PM, timjwilson said:

Mexico also, apparently has no official language; https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/irlanda/index.php/la-embajada/acerca-de-mexico

"Official Language: No official language, most of the mexicans speaking spanish but various languages spoken by indigenous populations." 

Well THANK YOU!  Such a ray of sunshine in a cold and wet time...  No rain (yet) at our casita.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 18-44-21 Hope we get the rain (not so much the colder temps).png

On the Ajijicweather website left column,  Navigation

Forecasts>Wunderground> Rain Friday 60% chance

Forecasts>Pirate Weather> Rain Friday 100% chance

Both report forecast data from GDL airport.

That's a big spread using the same data source.