Chapala.com Webboard

Shoe Repair (Cobbler) Update

Last time this topic came up was 2018.  Supposedly a place in Ajijic that repaired shoes one block west of Colon on the mountainside of the carretera.  Also one in Chapala.

Anyone here used a local cobbler lately?  Who, where and results?

Need a sole reglued on an otherwise very good pair of shoes.

23 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Last time this topic came up was 2018.  Supposedly a place in Ajijic that repaired shoes one block west of Colon on the mountainside of the carretera.  Also one in Chapala.

Shoe repair shop

By sm1mex
April 15, 2022 in Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara

Try that thread.  FYI We use the one on Degollado in Chapala regularly as do our friends.  I have used the one in Ajijic on same side of the street as Mia's but like Chapala better.  

• Like 2

OK this is weird.  I tried searching for that exact phrase as a topic "Shoe repair shop" and came up with everything but that thread.  Tried a general search, same thing. 

The search function on this board is really weak.  By chance would you have a link?

Just where is the place in Chapala?

Here's the link you requested:

https://chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/93934-shoe-repair-shop/

FYI  - I use my search engine to find past articles in chapala.com.  For this topic, I typed Shoe Repair chapala.com  and found several results, more recent than 2018 that you found.

There is a photo of the front of the shop in the link that Mostlylost provided.  Degollado is a one way street heading away from Madero.  The shop is about 1 1/2 blocks, on your right, just after a short privada street.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

FYI  - I use my search engine to find past articles in chapala.com.  For this topic, I typed Shoe Repair chapala.com  and found several results, more recent than 2018 that you found.

There is a photo of the front of the shop in the link that Mostlylost provided.  Degollado is a one way street heading away from Madero.  The shop is about 1 1/2 blocks, on your right, just after a short privada street.

Awesome, THANKS!

Use Google Search to get around the lousy search engine here.  Damn!  I never thought of that, great idea.  Thanks for it!

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Awesome, THANKS!

Use Google Search to get around the lousy search engine here.  Damn!  I never thought of that, great idea.  Thanks for it!

Not all of us use Google. I use DuckDuckGo.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2024 at 10:32 AM, ibarra said:

You wouldn't happen to know their hours, would you?  Mainly, do they close down in the afternoon for siesta?

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

You wouldn't happen to know their hours, would you?  Mainly, do they close down in the afternoon for siesta?

I have picked up shoes several times at various times during the afternoon- never closed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lily H said:

The shop opens Monday to Saturday from around 8:30/9 to 6pm with no noon hour break.

I went over this morning, they opened up a little after 9:30.  Shoe was ready, looked like a good job of it.  To make sure I got the right one I took the other with me and good thing I did as they had to hunt around a bit for it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 6:36 AM, Mainecoons said:

The cobbler in Chapala is friendly, does excellent work, always accomplishes the task when they say will and is inexpensive.  They will do anything you ask, even things you might think are too small.  They know shoes like no one's business.  I've used them for 7 years.  They are amazing. You must know enough Spanish to get your idea across.
Reparación De Calzado " Don Lupe"
C. Degollado 380, Chapala Centro
Degollado right at the corner of Privada Degollago which is 2 streets down from the main Avenue, Madero.

• Like 1