Chapala.com Webboard

Worrisome article in the informador

HoneyBee

37 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

For those who can read Spanish, I strongly suggest that you read an article published in the Informador.mx  today. (can say no more because of what can be published on this board).

Are you referring to the missing foreigners? BTW that site loaded over 200 cookies onto my computer.  

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

For those who can read Spanish, I strongly suggest that you read an article published in the Informador.mx  today.

Nothing there to fret about IF one takes proper precautions etc. as all should already be doing( also limited by rules).    BTW no cookies here either.  Private browsing is my friend.

40 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Nothing there to fret about IF one takes proper precautions etc. as all should already be doing( also limited by rules).    BTW no cookies here either.  Private browsing is my friend.

Agreed. Re cookies; Do you know how to check? How to remove? I get just as many cookies from Firefox as Chrome unless turning on incognito. Firefox just uses Google (as you probably know). 

I agree with the above comment.  Also I would add that some expats who have disappeared do not want to be found. 

I doubt if most kidnappers would choose an expat over a wealthy Mexican but then it does happen.  No one wants the FBI involved because that shuts down their trafficking profits.  Guess I'm just getting cynical.

42 minutes ago, Kiko said:

I agree with the above comment.  Also I would add that some expats who have disappeared do not want to be found. 

I doubt if most kidnappers would choose an expat over a wealthy Mexican but then it does happen.  No one wants the FBI involved because that shuts down their trafficking profits.  Guess I'm just getting cynical.

FBI in Mexico? Doubt Mexico permits that.

• Haha 1

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/international-offices#Americas

FBI International offices in Mexico

Mexico City, Mexico

American Embassy: 011-52-55-5080-2000
Nation covered: Mexico

Hermosillo Suboffice
American Consulate: 011-52-662-289-3500

Guadalajara Suboffice
American Consulate: 011-52-33-3268-2100

Juarez Suboffice
American Consulate: 011-52-656-227-3000