Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw satellite signal completely lost

sm1mex

800 series. Every fine until I put in a US news like NBC but I can’t get anything. Says no signal. Just happened. Now I can’t even global. No signal for any channels. Time to call my local provider Thursday. I reset 3 times and it said signal could not be reset. No signal. This too shall pass. 🤞🤞

Don't forget that soon the older satellites that Shaw Direct have been using will be taken out of service and replaced with new Satellites that can better focus their signals on Canada, therefore requiring less power to run them and still give good coverage to Canada. The last time I checked my 600 series receivers no longer picks up anything from up north. And only my 800 series receiver picked up a few channels from Canada. And none not even CNN from the US were available.

I have converted to streaming the channels that I want to watch from up north via the internet.  It's taking a while to get used to but soon I will be totally satisfied with streaming my TV programs, be they from Germany, the US or Canada.  Apparently, TV stations from most any country are available via streaming.

8 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

Don’t you have to have a smart tv to stream?  Mine is a few years old and not smart. 

You need a TV with an HDMI plug in on the back, and an internet connection usually wifi  in a location of the tv can connect with

Then you can buy one of many different devices. ROKU, Firestick, Android box, Google TV, etc.  

• Like 2

Good first step. Plug something like a Amazon Firetv stick into that HDMI port and voila your TV will be 'smart'.  Then the fun begins as one must then figure out what all and how to stream what stuff to the TV. It's not a slam dunk thing.  If you are not very techo it probably would be smart to enlist the help of an assistant. Just saying.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RickS said:

Good first step. Plug something like a Amazon Firetv stick into that HDMI port and voila your TV will be 'smart'.  Then the fun begins as one must then figure out what all and how to stream what stuff to the TV. It's not a slam dunk thing.  If you are not very techo it probably would be smart to enlist the help of an assistant. Just saying.....

You Tube has videos on setting up Firestick.  Watch first, then again as it walks you through.  

• Like 1

If you need help setting up the Firestick the first time and figuring out/loading all the free streaming apps, Rich Guarino is highly recommended on this forum and Facebook. He takes all the time you need to explain how the streaming apps work and customizes it to your preferences.

Rich Guarino  33 205 123 98   cell and what's app  

Facebook: Rich Richie

Richg359@gmail.com

As an over-the-top personal endorsement, he helped me find Hudson and Rex without being judgy. How special is that?

• Like 1