Chapala.com Webboard

CASA LINDA LCS

artsnob

The Casa Linda opening at the LCS was a real event - live bands, hourederves, free soft drinks, wine and tequila.

The Chapala Presidente gave a speech and the new American Consulate head was introduced.

Breakfast and lunch served 9 to 3 PM Monday to Saturday.

SunFan 

3 hours ago, artsnob said:

They are turning the LCS into an Evento center now with a full service restaurant 4 times as large as old one, and lots of music venues, it is loosin its charm...

There have been events at LCS as long as I've lived here and I never saw the "charm" in the inconsistent availability and quality of the food offerings there. Casa Linda is a class restaurant and, with enough support, can be a great addition to a community gathering space.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lexy said:

gringal--can you tell us some of what's on the menu?

Lexy

I had a huge turkey and melted cheese sandwich on a dark rye bread; spouse had fajitas.  Price for both around $300. Couldn't find a menu for this location on the web but the menu for the other location is on Google.

A few weeks ago when LCS had the two day art fair - there was a soft soft opening.  While getting used to the kitchen, etc Casa Linda was open for breakfast for whoever - artists, volunteers, etc   The patio was fairly crowded and the entrees that I saw looked good.  Casa Linda also offered to make lunch for just the few LCS volunteers who were there working and we had a selection of two items which we had to order several days ahead of time to be sure everything necessary was there as they were still setting up.

Choice of hamburger on bun or chicken filet sandwich on sourdough.... both included lettuce,tomato. etc.   Sides were choice of fries or salad. I worked both days so tried each and they were excellent... Large portions...  Good burger and chicken filet freshly grilled...''Sourdough was wheat with nuts and something else... I forget.

I'm going to the states tomorrow  for 4 days but will get a menu when I return.....for those who know me - Queen + Adam Lambert are in Dallas on a U.S. tour. Rock on!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...