Chapala.com Webboard

Results of my plan to use assisted living.

BenjiBoy

Some will say, "you waited too long" others may say, " she is getting her last wishes!"

The morning that I was due to visit multiple locations she took a further turn for the worse....I haven't the heart to move her at this stage....our daughter comes on Monday to give me a week of assistance and I doubt there will be much more time after her visit.

Barbara cannot stand unassisted, cannot use the bathroom, eats virtually nothing and drinks little.

For those who have helped via pms....thanks, thanks.

Fred

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Fred you've certainly demonstrated to all your profound commitment  to " .... for better and for worse.... "    Because I've recently been a little more connected with you than some, in my heart I can answer "no, you didn't wait too long". 

She's always made it clear she wants to die at home, with you holding her hand. At least having your daughter there will allow sharing of your heavy burden.  You've all suffered long enough. May she pass quickly and in peace.  🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Natasha said:

Fred you've certainly demonstrated to all your profound commitment  to " .... for better and for worse.... "    Because I've recently been a little more connected with you than some, in my heart I can answer "no, you didn't wait too long". 

She's always made it clear she wants to die at home, with you holding her hand. At least having your daughter there will allow sharing of your heavy burden.  You've all suffered long enough. May she pass quickly and in peace.  🙏

Amen. May we all.

• Thanks 1

If my wife is still functioning after our daughter's visit...I will consider other paths...for now I am not adding more wood to the fire...

I have been fortunate to have very close Mexican friends who give up their time to assist me...and mentally I am helped by the friendship that they so freely give and get little in exchange but my love.

My wife is aware and is facing this conclusion and still thanks me for the little I can do for her......I try to never leave her alone for long and she is glad that I did not move her from her home and add strangers to help care for her. I am now and will remain her nurse and care giver.

Fred

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BenjiBoy said:

If my wife is still functioning after our daughter's visit...I will consider other paths...for now I am not adding more wood to the fire...

I have been fortunate to have very close Mexican friends who give up their time to assist me...and mentally I am helped by the friendship that they so freely give and get little in exchange but my love.

My wife is aware and is facing this conclusion and still thanks me for the little I can do for her......I try to never leave her alone for long and she is glad that I did not move her from her home and add strangers to help care for her. I am now and will remain her nurse and care giver.

Fred

Stay strong Fred you are doing exactly what she wants. She may even reach a stage where you think she has no grasp of what is going on...until you are holding that hand that seems lifeless and suddenly she squeezes your hand. She needs what you are doing. God bless you for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A pain management doctor visits every two days and a man from Jocotepec hospital to assist me in giving meds every night.

Somehow, I have stumbled thru and kept her alive for 10 years after a three year death, for sure, prediction...I plan on the same "stumbling" along for as long as I can. My daughter is a trained med tech from Atlanta and we will sing "Confederate War hymns " to my wife...whether she wants them or not.

Thanks for the thoughts......

Fred

• Like 3