Chapala.com Webboard

Municipal Election

At this time it shows  PAN candidate ALEJANDRO DE JESUS AGUIRRE CURIEL is in front and MOISES ALEJANDRO ANAYA AGUILAR the current mayor is second . The results are not official yet as all the ballots are not counted.  

https://prep2021.iepcjalisco.org.mx/ayuntamientos/detalle/votos-candidatura/chapala

Alejandro was our mayor 20 years ago. Part of his platform is to build a regional hospital in Chapala. 

• Thanks 1

Posted a bit ago at the newpaper, Pagina.  Don't see how Moy can overcome that lead with 93% of votes in.  

PÁGINA Que sí se lee
23m  · 
#Elecciones2021 
🔴 || Alejandro Aguirre es el virtual ganador en Chapala
Por Gilberto Padilla García
El Instituto Electoral y de Participación Ciudadana del Estado (IEPC), a través del Programa de Resultados Electorales Preliminares (PREP), posiciona al candidato a la alcaldía de #Chapala por el #PAN, Alejandro de Jesús Aguirre Curiel, como virtual ganador de las elecciones.
Con 93 por ciento de las casillas contabilizadas por el PREP, el candidato de Acción Nacional ganó por amplia ventaja de 36.59 por ciento de la votación (7,549), seguido por el candidato de #MC, Moisés Alejandro Anaya Aguilar, con 29.73 por ciento de los votos (6,135).
En el tercer sitio se ubica el candidato de #Hagamos, Juan de Dios García Velasco, con 13.67 por ciento (2,822), seguido por el candidato del #PRI, Alberto Alcántar, con 6.52 por ciento (1,346), según el último corte consultado por este medio a las 11:50 horas de este 7 de junio.
La candidata de #Morena, Elizabeth Gutiérrez, se ubica en el quinto sitio con 5.46 por ciento (1,127), mientras que el candidato de #FuerzaPorMéxico, Gerardo Degollado, cuenta con 4.00% (827), y el candidato independiente, Juan Diego Castro, con 1.94 por ciento (402).
La candidata del #PVEM, Montserrat García, obtuvo el 0.63 por ciento de la votación (132), ubicándose en el octavo lugar, seguida por la candidata de #Futuro, Sofía Rosas Jiménez, quien aparece con 0.51 por ciento (106) de los sufragios, según la información del PREP.
El candidato de #RSP, Fernando González Cuevas, obtuvo el 0.27 por ciento (57), mientras que los y las candidatas registrados por el #PT y #PES obtuvieron el 0.26 por ciento (54) y 0.25 por ciento (52), respectivamente, a pesar de que no hicieron campaña formal en el municipio.
Fredy Rayo Razo, quien se registró como candidato independiente a la alcaldía de Chapala y luego declinó en sus aspiraciones para sumarse a la campaña del candidato de Acción Nacional, obtuvo el 0.1 por ciento de la votación (21).
Cabe recordar que los resultados del PREP no pueden considerarse como definitivos y por lo tanto, no tienen efectos jurídicos. La sesión del Consejo Municipal Electoral para el cómputo de los votos se realizaría este martes 8 de junio.
Imagen: Antonio Velazco
https://prep2021.iepcjalisco.org.mx/.../votos.../chapala...
#Elecciones2021 
🔴 Alejandro Aguirre is the virtual winner in Chapala
By Gilberto Padilla García
The Electoral Institute and State Citizen Participation (IEPC), through the Preliminary Electoral Results Program (PREP), positions the candidate for the mayor of #Chapala by the #PAN, Alejandro de Jes Jesúss Aguirre Curiel, as a virtual winner of the choices.
With 93 percent of the boxes accounted for by the PREP, the National Action candidate won with a wide advantage of 36.59 percent of voting (7,549), followed by #MC candidate Moses Alejandro Anaya Aguilar, with 29.73 percent of the votes (6,135).
On the third site is the #Hagamos candidate Juan de Dios García Velasco, with 13.67 percent (2,822), followed by #PRI candidate Alberto Alcantar, with 6.52 per cent (1,346 ), according to the last court consulted here at 11:50 p.m. on June 7
#Morena candidate Elizabeth Gutiérrez is on fifth site with 5.46 percent (1,127), while #FuerzaPorMéxico candidate Gerardo Degollado has 4.00 % (827), and the Independent candidate Juan Diego Castro with 1.94 percent (402).
#PVEM candidate Montserrat Garcia got 0.63 percent of the vote (132), standing in eighth place, followed by #Future candidate Sofia Rosas Jimenez, who appears with 0.51 percent (106) of suffrages, according to information from the PREP.
#RSP candidate Fernando González Cuevas got 0.27 percent (57), while #PT and #PES registered candidates got 0.26 % (54) and 0.25 percent (52), respectively, despite the fact that they did not formal campaign in the municipality.
Fredy Rayo Razo, who registered as an independent candidate for Chapala mayor and then declined in his aspirations to join the National Action candidate's campaign, earned 0.1 percent of the vote (21).
It is recalled that the results of the PREP cannot be considered final and therefore have no legal effects. The Municipal Electoral Council session for voting computing would be held this Tuesday, June 8th.
Image: Antonio Velazco
https://prep2021.iepcjalisco.org.mx/.../votos.../chapala...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

At this time it shows  PAN candidate ALEJANDRO DE JESUS AGUIRRE CURIEL is in front and MOISES ALEJANDRO ANAYA AGUILAR the current mayor is second . The results are not official yet as all the ballots are not counted.  

https://prep2021.iepcjalisco.org.mx/ayuntamientos/detalle/votos-candidatura/chapala

Alejandro was our mayor 20 years ago. Part of his platform is to build a regional hospital in Chapala. 

That is interesting because as you probably know, he owns amongst other things, the local towing company and I have lost count of the number of impound yards he has. The last one he built is the one on the Libriamento. All the dirt that was removed (and there was a lot) was trucked across the street were the hardware store and steel structure business is. It was used to make a huge lay down area. I mention this because the steel structure provided and installed for the new hospital on the Libriamento was provided by the said business. He owns this business (under a different name). So wanting to built a regional hospital in Chapala makes sense as he will most probably get the construction contract since he is experienced in building A hospital ☺️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Wow, that's a surprise to me.  What happened?

It does seem a bit odd. The last poll taken a week ago had Moy up by 7 points. Maybe Mexican polls are no better than those in the US.

6 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

At this time it shows PAN candidate  ALEJANDRO DE JESUS AGUIRRE CURIEL is in front and MOISES ALEJANDRO ANAYA AGUILAR the current mayor is second. The results are not official yet as all the ballots are not counted.  

Alejandro was our oldest 20 years ago. Part of his platform is to build a regional hospital in Chapala. 

Is a regional hospital an open government hospital or IMSS hospital?

2 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

That is interesting because as you probably know, he owns amongst other things, the local towing company and I have lost count of the number of impound yards he has. The last one he built is the one on the Libriamento. All the dirt that was removed (and there was a lot) was trucked across the street were the hardware store and steel structure business is. It was used to make a huge lay down area. I mention this because the steel structure provided and installed for the new hospital on the Libriamento was provided by the said business. He owns this business (under a different name). So wanting to built a regional hospital in Chapala makes sense as he will most probably get the construction contract since he is experienced in building A hospital ☺️

His uncle owns the towing business, long before.  His principal activity is being a Contador Publico.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slainte39 said:

It is NOT.  Having the same last name and being related does not make it a "family business".

Well I am aware that you know a lot of people in this area so maybe you could tell me how he funded his political campaigns over the years. One item that caught my eyes 3 years ago was the police trucks he gifted to the local police but then moved to his uncles storage facility on the Libriamento because he lost the election to Moy. 

Political campaigns are mostly funded by the party a candidate belongs to. PAN has a lot of money available. 

The federal government's  formula for public funds given to political parties now depends on the number of Mexicans registered to vote times 65 percent the capital’s minimum wage. Of this amount, 70 percent is allocated according to the number of votes a party receives during the previous congressional election, with the other 30 percent is shared equally among all registered parties. 

Political campaigns are also allowed to receive private funding as well.  I'm guessing many politicians have family & friends who contribute.  Nothing new or sinister about that. 

• Thanks 1

fyi, Moy's conceded the election as of last night on his FB page (google translation). 

In this election it became clear that Chapala still does not allow re-election and I will always respect the decision of the people, the majority has decided and cast a vote in favor of Alejandro Aguirre to whom I wish the greatest successes for the sake of our beautiful municipio.

• Thanks 1

The only confusing thing for me is how "independent" parties work. As an example, the President of Jocotepec who is from MC lost against a party called "Futura". Likewise in Chapala there was a party running under the name "Hagamos" which I believe did fairly well. If it was not so dangerous, I would give it a try myself ☺️

So I really am curious as to what transpired here.  On the one hand I thought maybe some continuity in the local government would be beneficial.  OTOH knowledgeable local expat dual citizen guys like Harry Bublin  was supporting the change and the guy who won on his FB page but he didn't say why.  From the perspective of Ajijic it doesn't seem to matter who wins Chapala elections, the pot holes and trashiness roll on.

To avoid politics, I'd appreciate a PM if you know what happened here.  

2 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

The only confusing thing for me is how "independent" parties work. As an example, the President of Jocotepec who is from MC lost against a party called "Futura". Likewise in Chapala there was a party running under the name "Hagamos" which I believe did fairly well. If it was not so dangerous, I would give it a try myself ☺️

Futura party qualified for national funding, although I doubt there was much money for Joco unless their candidate "has friends in high places" in the party

That race is not official until Wednesday or possibly there will be a challenge as there is only 1 vote separating them. 

Or you could do like AMLO did after losing multiple times while he was the PRD candidate and they dumped him he had no income so he formed Morena. got the number of signatures for an official party and was back on the payroll again. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Well I am aware that you know a lot of people in this area so maybe you could tell me how he funded his political campaigns over the years. One item that caught my eyes 3 years ago was the police trucks he gifted to the local police but then moved to his uncles storage facility on the Libriamento because he lost the election to Moy. 

Read the next post below your post.

• Thanks 1