Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic tianguis project

HarryB

The job is finished and looks wonderful. It isn't all that we wanted, but, it is more than we were going to get. Harry has already been in to the Chapala architects office asking for a stage two to complete the work as planned by the joint residents and tianguis vendors.
An Inauguration party will be planned for after Independence Day. All supporters are invited to come. More info when available.

Yes. Time does march on. And, one day, you too may be grateful for being able to safely make your way through the market as those older and less able than you can now do.

No need to be snarky, I was just sharing an observation about something that I have lived with for the past 12 years.

Good Day!

Guest bennie2

pappysmarket, yes cobblestones are beautiful, i hope they keep them on most of the streets in ajijic. people pay several million $$'s. to live near cobblestones in some u.s.a. cities. (they tend to be smoother). dont pay attention to some people, your views are welcome here.

I have already weighed in on cobblestones being worthy/not worthy of preservation, so no point in repeating my opinion about supporting delusions, or not. lol. :unsure:

I am very grateful to Harry and the others who have worked to make the Tiangus street more walkable. I, too, want to concentrate on looking at the merchandise instead of the ground beneath my feet. Falling on those cobbles could mean costly and painful body repairs, or even loss of mobility to some of our more fragile residents. And, as someone pointed out.........that fragility is the future. We should care for one another.

Thanks again!

It was great. I found myself looking around at what all the vendors have instead of watching my feet!! Thanks to all involved for being tenacious!!!

another vote of happiness for not having to ruin my posture even more by looking at my feet. THANKS! It was great and a wish come true.

Hey I agree with Pappysmarket... in fact I long for the older days when you could walk through the mud and the grass and really feel the earth squish between your toes, while you bought bones and rocks, obsidian with which to make knives and rocks to build with. Maybe even before that when you could walk through the jungle with your per dinosaur (which God also created) and just enjoy a nature stroll.

Hey I agree with Pappysmarket... in fact I long for the older days when you could walk through the mud and the grass and really feel the earth squish between your toes, while you bought bones and rocks, obsidian with which to make knives and rocks to build with. Maybe even before that when you could walk through the jungle with your per dinosaur (which God also created) and just enjoy a nature stroll.

You forgot to mention the giant dinosaur droppings that squished through your toes.

The people that do not agree with the improvements are just looking like fools, and making comments just to go against the grain. My comment would be: If you don't like the improvements, go elsewhere. Oh and I just love the word "snarky"

Calm down dude, high blood pressure can lead to stroke or heart attack. If a nostalgic comment can get you that worked up maybe you should consider why you are here. We try to welcome all sides of an issue and someone who does not agree with you should not be called a "fool". I'm glad you like "snarky" and if you don't know what it means PM me. Remember the line from the song "take paradise, put up a parking lot"? Wait until someone wants to put underground parking on the Ajijic plaza. Never happen you say? Take a drive to Puerto Vallarta and look at the 2 parks in Old Town.

yes, it was "they paved paradise, and put up a parking lot...a big hotel, a boutique, and a swingin' hot spot." joni mitchell

in this case i think both the vendors and patrons will benefit. but yeah, it is, after all, a village.

traffic, imo, is what's ruining ajijic.

You haven't heard about the new Costco with underground parking that's going in? Me, I love Costco. In my eyes it's so much better than Wallymart.

I left for Seattle last weekend, so I wasn't able to see how good the Tiangius will be/was. And it may not be perfect but from everything I've heard, it is a great improvement.

PS: The Hawks won again, on the way to the Bowl

Seriously every week someone was hurt. Gringoes and Mexicans were hurt. We have plenty of streets with cobblestones. If we cut the falling rate in half it is worth it don't you think?? We are an old group with fragile bones. Yes change bothers some more than others but I think considering the situation it was a good solution. Maybe not a perfect solution. I only hope the cars/bikes don't use the pavers for a racetrack but time will tell us about that.

Archived