Chapala.com Webboard

What is Current Taxi price from Guad Airport to Ajijic ?

56 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

This website says $259   so it's estimate is waaaay off. 

I just did it from Ajijic to GDL Airport and am using an average between the 2 as a reference point for the actual fees.  That amount comes to 530.5 pesos.

Ajijic to Guadalajara International Airport taxi fare

The estimated price is 802 MXN, confirm price with provider directly

• Like 1

I use that website all the time.  When I think the fare may be too low or too high, I reverse directions and, like Ibarra said, average the 2 for a more accurate price.  Try finding a website that is completely accurate with ALL of its information.  Can't!

802 pesos from Ajijic to Guadalajara airport

259 pesos from Guadalajara airport to Ajijic

1061 divided by 2 is 530.50.  

• Thanks 1

Unless you're going to try and get an Uber at GDL airport, you have NO OPTION but to use their provided cabs   so using any other website is a waste of time

don't forget to tip the driver since he has to kick back a %age of each trip to them

12 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Unless you're going to try and get an Uber at GDL airport, you have NO OPTION but to use their provided cabs   so using any other website is a waste of time

don't forget to tip the driver since he has to kick back a %age of each trip to them

My understanding is Mexicans don't normally tip cab drivers.  Has this changed?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

imho, if there is cargo involved then you should tip. That includes luggage or groceries. IF I have to put the groceries in and take out the trunk (same for luggage) then I do NOT tip. I appreciate being helped.

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

My understanding is Mexicans don't normally tip cab drivers.  Has this changed?

What has that got to do with YOU, MC?  You're not a Mexican and you can well afford to give a hard-working guy a little appreciation for "safe home". 

14 minutes ago, Natasha said:

What has that got to do with YOU, MC?  You're not a Mexican and you can well afford to give a hard-working guy a little appreciation for "safe home". 

Tipping has become absolutly crazy. In some countries it is considered an insult. Tip screen on ccard terminals where no service is given. USA is the worst. 

Tipping is not based on what one can afford. It is based on the service received. In the case of Taxis in Mexico a tip is not normal no matter where you come from or how rich you are. If the cab driver goes out of his way than a small tip is ok, but not for doing his normal service. 

• Like 1