Chapala.com Webboard

Garbage Christmas Aguinaldo

rafterbr

I received my envelope for the aguinaldo for the trash people today.  I was trying to remember what I gave last year.  Is there a standard people go by?  There was 4 names on the envelope so I was thinking maybe 100 pesos each?

44 minutes ago, artsnob said:

I give 500 pesos in envelope...

So do I. Just a suggestion: several years ago I taped the envelope above the bag hanging on the gate. I watched as a guy on a scooter drove by, slowed down and snached the envelope. Now I tape the envelope to the gate under the bag. 

• Thanks 1

Rick is right.  They'll get actual aguinaldo as part of pay packages so the date is not your concern.  HOWEVER, they usually put all the  money received into a communal pot and have a separate Christmas party among themselves ...... so it's a good idea to have it in their hands by about Dec 15. That way they can plan their fun before other family duties etc. interfere. 

1 hour ago, NEWMtnMama said:

I expect you will be getting the envelope in the next few days. We got ours today and it is drying off as we speak.

I always find it incredibly amusing that they will bring the envelope directly to my mailbox but I have to take my bagged garbage to the corner because they don't come down my street any more. LOL!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

I always find it incredibly amusing that they will bring the envelope directly to my mailbox but I have to take my bagged garbage to the corner because they don't come down my street any more. LOL!

Ah, Mexico !!!  :D