Chapala.com Webboard

Totalplay

artsnob

8 hours ago, oasiscloud said:

I friend of mine tried to order Starlink the other day and was told that Jalisco is saturated and they aren't opening any more account right now. Has anyone signed up for Starlink recently or has anyone else run into this?

I pre ordered once they announced Mexico was coming to star link. Well I guess they want to keep speeds up for subs sorry they ran out of bandwidth 

After getting no good in English to cancel my service, we called and talked in Spanish, It took over an hour talking to four different persons to finally get termination # in Email,I am glad I am done with them, and am happy with my telcel modem again which I had before I went Totalplay, I have Netflix and am watching favorite tv programs on line on Computor..I cancelled total play after being out for a week, and told everytime I called that someone would call to fix, it never happend so I cancelled

The Telcel service is basically a modem/router that uses a cell phone sim card to get a wireless signal.  You need to sign a contract and purchase equipment.

I have one as a backup. The maximum speed at my location is 3-4mbps down. I think it depends on the number of cell phones connected in the area. 

Also there is a cap on the number of Gigabytes at which time they throttle the speed 

• 1 month later...

After suffering 30 days internet downtime with TelMex, we installed Total Play... We have both systems and yesterday Total Play went down and we just switch to TelMex... Easy pz.. The additional cost is minimal and having redundant systems seems to be working well....

On 11/14/2023 at 5:41 AM, rvanparys said:

After suffering 30 days internet downtime with TelMex, we installed Total Play... We have both systems and yesterday Total Play went down and we just switch to TelMex... Easy pz.. The additional cost is minimal and having redundant systems seems to be working well....

I am doing the same.

Very little downtime with either, but always ready with the other.