Chapala.com Webboard

Current Info

HarryB

36 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

The lady doctor whose name I can remember, stated yesterday that the US has tested more in the last 8 days than South Korea has done in 8 weeks. Keep up with the latest.

The late and great Paul Harvey had a radio show/segment called, "The Rest of the Story". The rest of the story here is, of course, that one can use and misuse 'statistics' to portray about anything or any story one wants to tell. As Ferret pointed out, that 'statistic' is SO misleading and it is shameful that it was given by a government official to suggest greatness. 

Shame on them for saying it and shame on me for believing its relevance!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

Where are you from? You hate the US with such a passion, and are so happy when people there die.

I most certainly do NOT hate Americans. I hate misinformation and am really TRYING to get people from EVERYWHERE to pay attention to this virus and to get their heads out of their butts. I don't care if the American President is Republican or Democrat as long as the job is done properly. Therefore, I am not a fan of Trump. I had nothing really critical to say about either Bush or Reagan. Tricky Dicky creeped me out.

If you don't know where I'm from then you don't spend enough time on the local forums.

And, btw, that was a VERY personal attack and a very twisted message. I have many, many American friends. Why don't you try improve your reading comprehension instead of just reading.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I most certainly do NOT hate Americans. I hate misinformation and am really TRYING to get people from EVERYWHERE to pay attention to this virus and to get their heads out of their butts. I don't care if the American President is Republican or Democrat as long as the job is done properly. Therefore, I am not a fan of Trump. I had nothing really critical to say about either Bush.

If you don't know where I'm from then you don't spend enough time on the local forums.

And, btw, that was a VERY personal attack and a very twisted message. I have many, many American friends. Why don't you try improve your reading comprehension instead of just reading.

Well said Ferret, and don´t let them push you around or intimidate you!  (no more reactions vote)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ferret said:

Uh, huh. TOO LATE!

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/820981710/fact-check-u-s-testing-still-isnt-close-to-what-south-korea-has-done

"At about 300,000 tests in each country, that means South Korea has tested 1-in-170 people; the United States: 1-in-1,090.

That's more than six times less, per capita, than South Korea."

Just curious, which country or countries have been doing a better job? How many tests did SK do in 8 days, not 8 weeks? Why do you hate the US so much that you feel the need to attack everything it does?

• Like 1