Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Community Council to meet with Police Commanders

The Lakeside Community Council,organized to address the governors concerns about expat communications with Mexican officials, will be meeting with the Police chief and transito commander. Topics for discussion are enforcement of federal noise laws, bringing transitos into Ajijic centro on weekends to enforce traffic regs, and weekend DWI posts on the carretera and libramento.

Would anyone like to suggest other topics for the agenda? here is your chance!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try ,but, I assume that they will say it is up to the presidente. Has anyone thought to file a denucio at ministerio publico? They are at LCS some wednesdays

if you file a denucio at LCS you are dealing with the state officials who are tapped in to the attorney general Najera and if there isn't a response it adds weight to your argument

Harry we need to see equal enforcement of traffic laws, start at C. Colon left turn off Careterra. Either Cabs, foreigners, and citizens should be able to turn or no one should. There is a problem of Tapatios going straight at the Caraterra/Liberaminento then the folks who follow the law and have gotten in the right lane to go straight can't merge back to center(left) because of all the scoff laws already in the center lane. Also they need told about the dangers of signals being burned out for months and suddenly starting to work. Who expects that.

the lights have been an ongoing problem. Hector has sent petitions, appealed to state officials, tried to embarrass the with articles in the papers. But, I'll try!!

Yes,.... to use an originally Swedisch word..... an ombudsman.

If the governor is really serious about this,... my idea is to have an "ombudsman" , who can oversee the handling of all kinds of problems. Like a bilingual (could be Mex or expat) contact person between governor, police, expats, other Mexicans.....

Not a person you go to for an immediate solution for your problem, but where you report to on how it was handled.

Nothing is more important than good communication. That way the governor would know directly what is going on and what is being done about it,... and he can do something about it.

The ombudsman should not be a politician, does not necessarily have to be paid, is completely independant and can (or should) report to the press.

Using that tool, you can slowly start to improve the whole system, for ALL kinds of problems.

Build a good, solid, long term structure first..... than... you can tackle all kinds of problems. Otherwise, it will be another of these initiatives that don't last the 1st daylight and tomorrow, with someone else in office, what than.....

My biggest wish for this beautiful part of the world.... that one day, people (expats and other), in their well meant projects and ideas, will also have an eye for the long term and that consistency will rule (or pretty close to it), so that the outcome of a certain problem(s) will not always depend on the politician doing another last minute no show.

(not sarcastically), good luck !

Rony

Could the question of the vanished metal sign of an arrow on the left turn lane of the carretera with the libramiento be raised please. I note that most drivers are behaving as if it still exists and only turn left when the green arrow shows but, do we still have to wait for the arrow?

The problem, as I see it, is that first officers on the scene -for example a B&E, cant take a report and submit it to Ministerio Publico. The time elapsing between the commission of an offense and the reporting by owner is not consistent with effective apprehension. My getting an interpreter makes sense but why they need all our immigration data is beyond comprehension. I had something stolen valued at close to 200-thousand pesos and have NO intention of following current arcane reporting procedures.

The issue, in my opinion, is much greater than roosters crowing and rocket noise.

Second the motion for asking for uniform enforcement of left turn violations onto C. Colon and left lane violations at the carretera liberamiento intersection. Also, on weekends, the Tapatios continually run the red light at this same intersection turning right onto the lane going to the lateral and then force their way back into traffic. These people deserve to be and should all be ticketed.

1 "equal enforcement of traffic laws"? Please where does that exist? When mexicans hear about other mexicans' treatment elsewhere, unfortunately, but, very humanly, they take it out on us. To get equal treatment here there would have to be equal treatment of mexicans in the US and Canada. Let me know when that happens.

2 Coming from the west heading onto the libramento north there has always been a turn light which continues to be enforced. I don't understand the problem??

1 "equal enforcement of traffic laws"? Please where does that exist? When mexicans hear about other mexicans' treatment elsewhere, unfortunately, but, very humanly, they take it out on us. To get equal treatment here there would have to be equal treatment of mexicans in the US and Canada. Let me know when that happens.

2 Coming from the west heading onto the libramento north there has always been a turn light which continues to be enforced. I don't understand the problem??

if the laws are not enforced uniformly it creates a hazardous situation. In 2 instances, I had to slam on my breaks to avoid hitting someone making an illegal left turn onto C Colon when I was headed east on the carretera. My issue with the intersection of the carretera with the libremento is that the left lane eastbound is left turn only. People go straight through the light in this lane preventing those in the right hand lane from continuing on without having to deal with being cut off. If you don't think all should be treated equally and are unwilling to make the case for this, why bother going to this meeting? I do however, appreciate your efforts on behalf of the Ajijic community.

Sure would like some sort of agreement as to levels or cessation of amplified music at night

coming from the Hotel Real Chapala, Yacht Club, and the private estate at the end of Paseo de las Brisas in Lower La Floresta.

There has been a few totally all nighters that stop at dawn. Fireworks after midnite included.

I believe in equal treatment under the law- but I'm also a realist. Mexicans are treated very harshly here and else where. Every day I see great acts of kindness, but, I also see great acts of cruelty

Ill try to get a left only and arrow for the north side lane at that corner

As far as the noise is concerned first visit management and give them a copy of the law (it was printed in the Guadalajara Reporter) and politely ask them to comply. Afterwards you have to put up or shut up and file a denucio. Again go to LCS to file and tap in to those working with the Attorney General Najera - nobody messes with him. AND he loves Ajijic and plans to retire here!

Guest bennie2

the people who own the hotel are very big developers. (unless that changed). im sure the judges will get paid well, but try it.

When heading west on Camino Real, the intersection at Revolucion needs a DO NOT ENTER sign. It is far from apparent that if you proceed straight ahead at that point you are entering a one-way street the wrong way. It would help put a dent in the activities of the local transit cop who is often seen there preying upon foreign plated cars in the hopes of having stopped one with automobile or immigration papers not in order.

Sure would like some sort of agreement as to levels or cessation of amplified music at night

coming from the Hotel Real Chapala, Yacht Club, and the private estate at the end of Paseo de las Brisas in Lower La Floresta.

There has been a few totally all nighters that stop at dawn. Fireworks after midnite included.

I think you mean the Nautical Club. The Yacht Club is in Chapala, the Nautical Club is in lower La Floresta

It would be helpful if the left arrow and "solo" painted on the pavement when approaching eastbound at the light at the llibramiento/carretera could be repainted along with the sign. It was not repainted the last time all the others where redone at that intersection

Archived