Chapala.com Webboard

DINING ? DISASTER!

heidinrick

we tried to eat breakfast at Pancho's new restaurant west of Ajijic. First of all, an EXTREMELY limited menu with absolutely no substitutions. Heidi doesn't care for pancakes and they said they come with the breakfast and they can't change it. We both ordered eggs over easy and sausages. What we got was scrambled eggs and bacon! At this point, I paid for our coffee and we left. Thank God the Anchot next door was open...great breakfast at a great price. Needless to say, won't be returning to Pancho's!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

While I absolutely do not doubt heidinrick's bad experience there, I'd give Pancho's new restaurant another chance (someone else.... maybe me! next week). It's brand new. It would not be the first 'new' restaurant that did NOT have their sh*t together for a while after opening.

Just saying... Pancho generally runs a good ship. IMO

I agree Rick. It usually takes about three months for a new restaurant's kitchen staff and wait staff to be on the same page. Not just here but anywhere in the world. There was no "soft" opening either just, bang, they were open. I forgot to mention that there were three of us at breakfast and each order arrived about five minutes apart. It will do well when and if they get their act together. I wish them luck but I'll wait before going again.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:24 PM, heidinrick said:

we tried to eat breakfast at Pancho's new restaurant west of Ajijic. First of all, an EXTREMELY limited menu with absolutely no substitutions. Heidi doesn't care for pancakes and they said they come with the breakfast and they can't change it. We both ordered eggs over easy and sausages. What we got was scrambled eggs and bacon! At this point, I paid for our coffee and we left. Thank God the Anchot next door was open...great breakfast at a great price. Needless to say, won't be returning to Pancho's!

Gee, both pork and still eggs, gotta be flexible...NOT

I have a friend who went yesterday, the waiters were talking on cell phones, he finally went to them and ordered coffee, the he ordered no pancakes but toast with eggs Mexicana, what he got was two pancakes with two fried eggs on top...he asked waiter what was going on, the waiter said they dont do mexicana eggs and toast, only what he served, so friend paid for coffee and joined me at Goshas like he does every Sunday...

• Haha 2

We quit eating at the original Pancho's because of the terrible food we got.  One time my wife ordered a chef salad.  She got one leaf of lettuce with a few things on top.  Last time we ever ate there.  If original Pancho's is so bad why should new one be any better.  I remember one time Pancho's received so many complaints on food that he himself came on this site to defend the food.  He received so many complaints afterwards, he never did this again.

• Thanks 1

Groceries/restaurant is a great concept because you can cycle vegetables and breads etc. from the store through the restaurant to make sure everything is fresh. imho, Pancho should put cards to fill out, on the table, for customers to comment on their dining experience. They can be dropped into a locked and clearly visible "Comments" box. Feedback incognito. If he chooses not to act on the suggestions, that's his problem.

• Like 1

Many years ago we bought something at Walmart for 8 pesos and 23 pesos for a different item.  He was charging 80 pesos and 100 pesos.  I brought it to his attention thinking someone keyed in the wrong price even a little higher would make sense but no that was the price.  We have not shopped there for years   I do not find any reason to shop there

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

Many years ago we bought something at Walmart for 8 pesos and 23 pesos for a different item.  He was charging 80 pesos and 100 pesos.  I brought it to his attention thinking someone keyed in the wrong price even a little higher would make sense but no that was the price.  We have not shopped there for years   I do not find any reason to shop there

I agree that's quite a markup but keep in mind that WalMart has their own products made to their specifications and that quality control is very low on the list. I figure I pay a bit more even though the increased bug parts per million from WalMart probably do add a little protein. 

We went to Pancho's in Riberas a year or so ago and ordered salmon and salad. It wasn't inexpensive. Got a decent but not generous portion of fish and a few lettuce leaves with a couple of cherry tomatoes. No rice, no bread. Haven't gone back.

10 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

I agree that's quite a markup but keep in mind that WalMart has their own products made to their specifications and that quality control is very low on the list. I figure I pay a bit more even though the increased bug parts per million from WalMart probably do add a little protein. 

We went to Pancho's in Riberas a year or so ago and ordered salmon and salad. It wasn't inexpensive. Got a decent but not generous portion of fish and a few lettuce leaves with a couple of cherry tomatoes. No rice, no bread. Haven't gone back.

You want a very good salmon dinner for way under 300 pesos?  Comes with choice of baked potato or mashed, veggies and toasted small bread basket.  El Ancla, in the mini mall west of the new Pancho's.

2 hours ago, gringal said:

You want a very good salmon dinner for way under 300 pesos?  Comes with choice of baked potato or mashed, veggies and toasted small bread basket.  El Ancla, in the mini mall west of the new Pancho's.

I agree! Darn good food at very reasonable prices and, I think, the best customer service I've see in a very long time. We're going again Thursdaay!