Chapala.com Webboard

Digital driver's license

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, mexbound said:

Reviving an older topic. The Jalisco Digital Drivers license APP was supposed to be available August 15, 2023. I have an iPhone and I can't find it in the APP store. Has anyone been able to get a digital version of your Jalisco license?

I got the Android version no problem. My wife has hers on Iphone as well.   The apps name is    licencia digital jalisco

Just a note  I was stopped in PV and used it. They were aware of it.  Said it was the first one he had seen and called his partner so he could see it. (No ticket)

20 hours ago, Natasha said:

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone cares.... since you are still required to carry the "real" plastic version.  No reply needed.... just had to opine.

Since you don' have one you might not be aware.....

You do not need to carry a physical license. The app is a "real" license. Just the same as the digital licenses in the USA, Germany, Norway, and soon the entire European Union it is a valid drivers license. 

Never forget my phone, but sometimes forget my wallet. 😁

• Like 1

Yes, I know those links, but bottom line, for some reason, when I go to the iPhone APP store, I can't find licencia digital jalisco.  If someone with an iPhone could look in the APP store on their phone and see if it shows up for them?  

Edit: I do see licencia digital Puebla and licencia digital dgac

16 minutes ago, mexbound said:

Yes, I know those links, but bottom line, for some reason, when I go to the iPhone APP store, I can't find licencia digital jalisco.  If someone with an iPhone could look in the APP store on their phone and see if it shows up for them?  

As I posted it is there as my wife has it on her iphone.  I just accessed it for the first link.

Possibly your Apple account is set to the USA and you are not getting the Apple/mx webstore. I had to temporarily re-set my wifes location to the USA to be able to get a USA banking app on her iphone. 

Are you able to download any Mexican apps  like a bank app?  

4 minutes ago, mexbound said:

My location on the iPhone is set to Mexico. My Apple account is probably set to USA since I obtained it many many years ago. I have been able to download BBVA (Bancomer) bank app. 

Since you downloaded the BBVA app you should be able to  access it from the link I posted. Possibly the Jalisco government app regional requirement is stronger than BBVA. 

If  the link doesn't work you need to re-set your apple account to Mexico temporarily and try it then.

Changing Apple account location is not an easy thing to do. I just read about it. You have to cancel any subscriptions you have set up. You have to change payment methods to the country location, and various other things I'm not willing to do. So I guess I'll live without the digital license.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Never forget my phone, but sometimes forget my wallet. 😁

Me?........ ALWAYS remember my wallet ( because I'm a cash  kinda' person), but have to write a note to self to take my phone. and then only when going to Guad. Otherwise it languishes happily in a drawer.   🤣

On 7/28/2023 at 3:18 PM, RickS said:

So no more worry about a rogue cop retaining your license (as a ploy?).

Just tell them to keep it and impound your car but that there is no way you are paying the bribe they are clearly soliciting. They will go away.

Just curious.  If you have a digital license and you do not have your plastic license in your wallet, where do the police look for your name and contact information if you are incapacitated?  Most people have their phones locked so no access would be available.  Granted, you should have your insurance papers in the car with your name and, probably your phone number, but...

• Like 1

When you 

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

Just curious.  If you have a digital license and you do not have your plastic license in your wallet, where do the police look for your name and contact information?  Most people have their phones locked so no access would be available.  Granted, you should have your insurance papers in the car with your name and, probably your phone number, but...

The digital license is an pretty much exact copy of your physical license. When you open the app it displays your license with only your picture  license number and expiration date and a current flag in the corner. When you tap on it it then displays the front of your license , slide it and it displays the back of your license.  The police do not have to touch your phone. You just display it to them.  They can scan the QR code on the back. 

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

When you 

The digital license is an pretty much exact copy of your physical license. When you open the app it displays your license with only your picture  license number and expiration date and a current flag in the corner. When you tap on it it then displays the front of your license , slide it and it displays the back of your license.  The police do not have to touch your phone. You just display it to them.  They can scan the QR code on the back. 

My question was in reference to the fact that you are incapacitated.  I understand what you would do if you are able to show them your phone.  I want to know what they are supposed to do if you CAN'T access your phone.