Chapala.com Webboard

Maximum price per liter for gas

According to the Informador, the price of propane in Chapala Jalisco is now pegged at 8.31 pesos per liter.  

https://www.informador.mx/mexico/Economia-Mexicana-Precios-del-gas-LP-siguen-bajando-del-9-al-15-de-julio-de-2023-20230710-0068.html

sin_txtulo_7.png_317868472.png

Anyone here who buys gas this week please let us know if you were charged this price or less.

Debated long and hard on this, but HAVE to speak up.  Used Juan in 3 houses starting +/- 2003. (Ajijic east and San A) Always excellent. Moved to Villa Nova Mar '22..... wasn't sure if he came out this far. Previous tenant used "Oscar and Antonio".  OK --- in the area, Oscar speak English ( in case of miscommunication tho' I'm pretty fluent), and came promptly when called June, Aug, Dec. Could tell from tank size and gauge before/after wasn't cheating.  (+/- 30 to 80 each trip tho'  pushed every time to go to 85 but I said tank/ house are old, prefer not take chances)

Then came Mar 10 this year. Gauge on tank showed 32 (usually 30 when I called).  After filling showed 80 ( as always ).  BUT this time  his meter on truck said they filled 222L.  That's impossible with a 300 L tank with the gauges reading as they did.  His angry response when I freaked?  Your tank is wrong... the gauge is not working....... how dare you call me a liar!!! Got very belligerent when I showed him previous bills. So shocked I just paid them (extra $600 over what I expected) 

But what I know REALLY happened is they arrived with a meter uncleared from the last delivery. Happy to share name of their company and their phone numbers to anyone who pm's me. Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Twice will NEVER happen!!!    

• Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, Natasha said:

Debated long and hard on this, but HAVE to speak up.  Used Juan in 3 houses starting +/- 2003. (Ajijic east and San A) Always excellent. Moved to Villa Nova Mar '22..... wasn't sure if he came out this far. Previous tenant used "Oscar and Antonio".  OK --- in the area, Oscar speak English ( in case of miscommunication tho' I'm pretty fluent), and came promptly when called June, Aug, Dec. Could tell from tank size and gauge before/after wasn't cheating.  (+/- 30 to 80 each trip tho'  pushed every time to go to 85 but I said tank/ house are old, prefer not take chances)

Then came Mar 10 this year. Gauge on tank showed 32 (usually 30 when I called).  After filling showed 80 ( as always ).  BUT this time  his meter on truck said they filled 222L.  That's impossible with a 300 L tank with the gauges reading as they did.  His angry response when I freaked?  Your tank is wrong... the gauge is not working....... how dare you call me a liar!!! Got very belligerent when I showed him previous bills. So shocked I just paid them (extra $600 over what I expected) 

But what I know REALLY happened is they arrived with a meter uncleared from the last delivery. Happy to share name of their company and their phone numbers to anyone who pm's me. Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Twice will NEVER happen!!!    

I got a bit lost in your story, but assuming you are not talking about Juan?

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

I got a bit lost in your story, but assuming you are not talking about Juan?

Sorry if I confused.  No... talking about Oscar /Antonio team from a different company.  As I said, anyone wanting to avoid that scamming pair can ask via pm for company name/ cell phones

On 7/14/2023 at 12:13 PM, Natasha said:

Then came Mar 1so easy to do to just stand there and watch them zero out the meter and then read the final amount.0 this year. Gauge on tank showed 32 (usually 30 when I called).  After filling showed 80 ( as always ).  BUT this time  his meter on truck said they filled 222L.  That's impossible with a 300 L tank with the gauges reading as they did.  His angry response when I freaked?  Your tank is wrong... the gauge is not working....... how dare you call me a liar!!! Got very belligerent when I showed him previous bills. So shocked I just paid them (extra $600 over what I expected) 

It takes so little time and effort to just stand at the truck and see them zero out to start and then read the final amount.  Then, never a question. You have no "actual" proof that your tank did not take 222L, yet you accused him of cheating you. I say "shame on you" for not doing your due diligence. Things are not how they seem sometimes, so take care of your responsibility and stop leaving it to others.

• Sad 3

80% of a 300ℓ tank is 240ℓ; so it could be possible the tank was 'most empty, just the mechanical gauge was sticky. Our place has a rubber hose attached that allows me to 'rock' the tank and observe that the needle moves (easier when close to empty).

Our last fill had the needle a width over 90%... that I don't like.

1 hour ago, OldWEB said:

80% of a 300ℓ tank is 240ℓ; so it could be possible the tank was 'most empty, just the mechanical gauge was sticky. Our place has a rubber hose attached that allows me to 'rock' the tank and observe that the needle moves (easier when close to empty).

Some of the time you could be right. Not this time. Three fills 30 up to 80 +/- all within %age parameters and all within expected time period. ( I track gauge every two weeks... reason not important).  Then came the bad "fill".  If you were correct, my tracking should have shown "whoa..... this is taking too long and the gauge isn't moving". 

This time with Juan, again in time period expected, (and not longer if in fact the last one really had been correctly stated) gauge said 31-32  and  he gave me 139 L ... exactly 46% of 300 L.   But your comments may help others.