Chapala.com Webboard

Fourth of July

I've looked all over the Board for info on events planned for upcoming Canadian/US holidays and find NOTHING. LCS always had something for the two holidays, but I can't find any info or announcement in the LCS section of the Board or even on the LCS Website. Anybody aware of upcoming events for the Fourth??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is sad. I'm flying back today from Seattle thinking we were going to celebrate the 1st and/or the 4th at the LCS.

Correct me if I am wrong but this will be the 1st time in some 15 or many years more that we have not celebrated same at the LCS.

Smokin' Summer Music Festival

Save this date! The LCS Summer Music Fest will
be Saturday, July 11 from 12:30 to 6 p.m. on the LCS
campus. The exciting entertainment features three
bands: The Tall Boys, Black Swan, and Smoky Dub
(reggae), and fabulous food from three of Lakeside's
most popular local restaurants--No. 4, Cocinart, and
Just Chillin'!

Tickets for admission only are $120 pesos at the
LCS Service Office and $150 pesos at the door. Cash
accepted for bar, refreshments, and food.

Please note: the libraries and the Service Office
will close at noon that day.

Can Am Day was tradionally also an opportunity for the non-profit groups to particpate.

After much consideration, this non-profit group promotion will be held later

in the year when a larger audience can attend for their benefit.

LCS is not doing Can-Am day this year because they are having a big Free-esta in November to celebrate their 60th anniversary.

Royal Canadian Legion is having a BBQ event on Wednesday, Canada Day, at the Nuevo Chapala clubhouse in Chapala. Not sure where you get tickets.

... (Nueva Posada and Cocinart for sure) are having special menus and music if that counts as an "event."....

Actually,

Democrats Abroad is having a celebration of Independence at Nueva Posada - Tickets are at NP or at Diane Pearl.

All are welcome, but tickets are selling quickly.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Restaurante La Mision - Happy Fourth of July

Happy Independence Day!

Join us in A Good Old Fashioned BBQ Picnic this 4th of July and get ready for the best eaten in town. We're rollin' up our sleeves and firin' up the grill. La Mision is cooking BBQ Ribs, BBQ Arrachera Steak, Grilled Green-Onions, BBQ Beans, Corn On The Cob, Coleslaw, Potato Salad, Guacamole with chips, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, and the Chefs special desert. You get to make your own plate - so choose anything you like. Our regular menu will also be available.
$250-

You can have a Hamburger or Hot Dog (Includes everything listed above except Ribs and Steak) for just

$180-

Hours are From 12:00 to 10:00

Galen and Rick Jasper are going to be rotating the music -playing in the front room for your dining and dancing pleasure (Yes - Dancing) from 6:00 until 9:00.

For Reservations Please Call:
Restaurante La Mision
Rio Bravo No. 7 - In The Theatre District
376 108 0887

**********************************************************************************

I know Cocinart is doing a thing on Saturday: four seatings, at 2, 4, 6 and 8pm. Several main courses, including shrimp newburg, or BBQ ribs, and something else... plus corn on the cob and a few other things, and dessert. $160 pesos.

If LCS were smart they would hold the CanAm day, the next event on the 12th and the new one in Nov. More activities the more they bonus from it. This is just going to upset everyone.

I wonder the same thing why do the Mexicans in the US need to celebrate Mexican Holidays? Maybe a cultural thing?

Which holidays would those be?

I know a lot of gringos celebrate 5 de Mayo in the US,Mexicans,not so much..

If you are here why do you need to celebrate NOB holiday?

Sorry, where are you from? Where are your people from? Any ancestors? Anyone cross over the Atlantic to get to North America, and then spawn new generations? Or are we not allowed to celebrate our history anymore? Or our heritage, or anything like that? I wasn't in WWII; should I not observe Remembrance Day or Veteran's Day? Good grief.

Frankly I think there are less people around to "fill" the various events, sure some people will be disappointed. I guess "the professional I must go to every thing" will be devastated.Maybe the time to stop and smell the roses .

That is just so unfriendly.

Guest bennie2

computer guy, in the USA, our traditional culture is disappering. happy independence day to you! hope to see many american flags next week.

I know Cocinart is doing a thing on Saturday: four seatings, at 2, 4, 6 and 8pm. Several main courses, including shrimp newburg, or BBQ ribs, and something else... plus corn on the cob and a few other things, and dessert. $160 pesos.

Cocinart is doing a class act menu for the occasion at only 160 pesos. This includes items like filet mignon, shrimp newburg or bbq ribs, plus soup and sides and a yummy dessert choice. Such a deal, compared to some others. Reservations suggested. Live music, too. :unsure:

computer guy, in the USA, our traditional culture is disappering. happy independence day to you! hope to see many american flags next week.

The USA's "traditional culture" is different things to different people. Just curious. What's your interpretation of it?

Guest bennie2

to answer both questions: there will be an american flag burning demo in NYC on the 4th. (other places too). states are taking down statues of washington, ten commandment plagues, memorials. christopher columbus statue was defaced in boston. (much more). culture being disasembled. not getting into political discussion of who is behind this, & where its going. creeping slowly, started w/academia/college campuses/radicals. now its exploding into the mainstream mostly blue states. FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG! hope the empire state building lights up red white blue. maybe the white house will as well. now y'all can go to TOB, discuss crazy bennie. enjoy your holiday! discussion closed.

Archived