Chapala.com Webboard

Has been $389 for many years for basic phone with internet. All that has happened is: added free calls to cellular, free long disgance in Mexico. free international calls to USA, Canada and about 15 other countries, , internet speed increases, change to fiber optic...... all with no increase in cost.  

On 3/15/2024 at 8:27 AM, Floradude said:

Speaking of Telmex...my telephone bill went up from $389 (for months/years) to $468 last month.  I am not complaining but I have not heard if this was an across-the-board increase.  It came as a new bill delivered last month. 

If you pay it, you lose.

• Like 1

Personally speaking, I find TelMex and TelCel both to be screaming bargains compared to what these services cost in the U.S., particularly TelCel.  Easy to put up with the occasional minor problem at these prices.  

• Thanks 2

I don't call being without telephone service for over six weeks a minor problem. Incidentally, it wasn't Telmex who repaired it. I had someone trace my line to the junction box at the top of a pole around the corner from my house. The wire connection was corroded. He snipped off the corroded parts of the wire and re-attached it. It would have been simple for four different Telmex repair men to have done the same thing. Pathetic service. I don't have any problems with Telcel.

We beat the TelMex problem by signing up with Total Play... This came about when we went 30 days with no internet. Now, when TelMex takes a siesta, we switch to Total Play...  

• Like 1

Yup. It's been a process. Thank heaven for competition. At one point I had Telmex, iLox and TotalPlay. Dumped iLox first and then Telmex. TotalPlay is the most consistently reliable service here. Hands down.

47 minutes ago, Floradude said:

Interesting.  Yesterday  (Tues, 26th), the Chapala mailman delivered me another new Telmex bill.  Guess what, I am now back to $388.00 again.  

Como Mexico, no hay dos!