Chapala.com Webboard

No propane at zeta gas on Revolution

adolphsj

I get propane for my gas grill tank at the station off Revolution and the Carretera in Ajijic. This AM (Dec 12) I was told very clearly that they had none, didn’t know when they would, and I needed to go to Jocotepec to get any (I live just below El Torito).  Can someone tell me either where to go in Jocotepec (seems unnecessary) or where in or near Ajijic/Chapala I can go to get a typical gas bbq grill tank filled?  Gracias.

6 hours ago, Ferret said:

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t25541-filling-small-propane-tanks?highlight=propane+refill#273843

OldWeb posted two great links to maps that show the location of the one in Chapala and the other in Jocotepec.

But... I dunno if it just me, but you need to be logged in to see those 'imbedded' links.   😕

It looks like Gas Rosa will be our best option.  I wonder if they sell those small gas tanks the DeLonghi space heaters use.  Given how cold it appears this next several months are going to be and how far we have to go for refills we will want to have a spare full tank on hand.

If they don't have the tanks, who does?  No we don't want to drive all the way to Home Depot in GDL.  Given the cost of operating a car these days paying a little more to get one locally makes sense.

15 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

It looks like Gas Rosa will be our best option.  I wonder if they sell those small gas tanks the DeLonghi space heaters use.  Given how cold it appears this next several months are going to be and how far we have to go for refills we will want to have a spare full tank on hand.

If they don't have the tanks, who does?  No we don't want to drive all the way to Home Depot in GDL.  Given the cost of operating a car these days paying a little more to get one locally makes sense.

I bought a 20 lb. tank at the hardware store near the Telmex office opposite El Torito plaza a couple of years ago.  You might want to try there....  Please let us all know if they still have them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oatsie said:

I bought a 20 lb. tank at the hardware store near the Telmex office opposite El Torito plaza a couple of years ago.  You might want to try there....  Please let us all know if they still have them.

Jara  Ferreteria

376 766 0918

Carretera chapala jocotepec no. 39, ajijic

• Like 3

On the carretera in Ajijic, lakeside opposite the zeta gas is Guadalajara Pharmacy and newly remodeled ferreteria.  They had propane 20 pound bottle for 855 pesos.  I went back yesterday to buy and they said it was a mistake bottle was 1075 pesos.  I bought it anyway because it had been priced for 1500 pesos at other ferreteria.

• Confused 1

I know where Farmacia de Guadalajara and Tool Town are. And, they are definitely NOT opposite Zeta Gas which is what was stated.

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

On the carretera in Ajijic, lakeside opposite the zeta gas is Guadalajara Pharmacy and newly remodeled ferreteria.  They had propane 20 pound bottle for 855 pesos.  I went back yesterday to buy and they said it was a mistake bottle was 1075 pesos.  I bought it anyway because it had been priced for 1500 pesos at other ferreteria.

• Like 2