Chapala.com Webboard

Hospice reviews

BenjiBoy

I now know that hospice is a necessary solution to my wife's battle to live....I know that this battle is way beyond my decreasing stamina.

Which one should I contact? I can have oxygen tanks delivered when my concentrator fails to deliver enough . She no longer is taking whole food and her fluid intake is small. Medication would probably be in the "emotional" needs only. She is not in any pain.

Cost if you know it, although, I can probably afford the local charges.

Thanks,

Fred Habacht

• Like 1

You have to decide how far you want to go. My mother had to have feeding tube inserted and lived that way for a few months. Supplying oxygen may not be enough. You have to decide if you want to see her intubated. Does she have a urinary catheter?  She has to be turned every couple of hours to prevent skin breakdown. Those bed sores are very painful. Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BenjiBoy said:

I have an appointment at Casa nuestra on Monday but more suggestions would be very welcome.

Two very satisfied friends have had husbands (each until deceased)  in Ohana in San Juan Cosala.   Also a friend moved to El Chante Assisted Living, who knew she was nearing (difficult) end of life, and she passed there.  It is  lovely  and I suggest you check it out. This taken from google:

Ribera del lago 160 , Chantepec, Mexico

33 3143 1373

Anelyki4@gmail.com

• Thanks 2

Fred--My husband spent his final months in Casa Nostra's full-care facility where he got the best of care. I was with him daily. I saw how well-cared for he was.  Delia, the director, is a hands-on, on-the-scene administrator and is a fully trained nurse herself.

I'm so sorry for what you and your wife are going through/.

Lexy

• Thanks 1