Chapala.com Webboard

Honda push mower

On 7/28/2023 at 10:29 AM, Mitch said:

Does Home Depot in Guadalajara sell Honda mowers?

You do know you can look at what they offer on line?  Opt for  different locations if you don't see what you want in the first one.  Lots of time to read spec, etc.

• Like 1

Honda mowers were also for sale in Joco a couple of years ago at the Stihl/Kubota dealer #139 Vicente Guerrero.  I have not been in the store recently though, so you may want to call first.  #139 Vicente Guerrero is about 1/2 block past Independencia driving west out of Joco.  There is an OXXO on the corner of Independencia/Vicente Guerrero.

Buena suerte.

• Like 1

They don't make it easy to find anything at Home Depot. I looked up Podadoras then noticed the offerings included "podadoras con motores" so I tried "podadoras sin motores" and finally tried "podadoras manual"... Resultados de tu búsqueda (homedepot.com.mx)   unfortunately not what you're looking for. But, NOW you're looking for a POWER mower? Honda HRN216VKM| GCV 170 engine (167cc) with 21-inch cutting diameter and rear bag. Twin Blade (double blade). Resistant. For domestic or semi-professional use in small to medium extensions. You can buy nearly every Honda product at a Honda dealership in Mexico. Doesn't mean it will be in stock but they can order for you. It was a very small Honda dealership in San Miguel de Allende where we bought a Honda 2000i gas generator in 2004.

I think we've all been thinking that you wanted a "push" manual mower??? Anyway, if you want anything Honda, go to a Honda dealership.

Ferret, sorry if I confused you. with not being clear. Landscapers call all walk behind 21 -32" size mowers " push mowers " regardless of being self propelled. exceptions would be commercial walk behinds of the 36" up to 61" + large, heavy, expensive units costing 6-9 K US dollars.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Ferret, sorry if I confused you....... Landscapers call all walk behind 21 -32" size mowers " push mowers " regardless of being self propelled......

Maybe it's an age thing?  Or a nationality?  In Canada in 1990's we called reel mowers push mowers.  Electric self-explanatory.  Gas or other mixtures were either walk-behind or self-propelled depending........ And riding mowers also self-explanatory.  On the other hand, haven't lived there since 1998 so maybe newer gens have changed terminology too?

Yes, used push reel mowers ages ago, like 54 years ago!  Just bought the Honda HRN 216 VKM in Joco for $15,068. also bought extra blades , filters, spark plugs, and oil.  Great service!

Antonio Fueled it, filled with oil, started on first pull.  This Sept. Honda will no longer make gas "push mowers" so I really wanted this now.  It will bag or mulch and will get it's first test tomorrow.

I would like to thank everyone for all your help. I have eliminated the other HRX Honda series since Honda has a "stop sale" order on them for a faulty engine cam. The Toro Super Recycler was a "no go" for me with Toro using a plastic carb.  and engine missing issues, and problems backing up with the self propel system, and wheels falling off!

Thanks again

Bill

• Like 3