Chapala.com Webboard

Specialized dentist recommendations?

8 minutes ago, Periodontics Ajijic said:

Sorry .... 

I think you didn't get my sarcasm ...  

CHEAP and EXPRESS ... Not a good combination .... 

You are never going to convince these people, to them price is everything.. That is why they shop at Walmart and buy wine in a box...

Well ... 

I would like to say ...

That i DO really KNOW what i am talking about .....

And i could easily take any argument to ground about that practice ... but you know that creates Karma ... 

but maybe its just matter of time ... 

Best Regards for you All .

3 minutes ago, bmh said:

Not everyone can afford BMW or Adi or care to say they have one..

FYI

I do not buy wine in a box and still go to Dental Express.. I am  only talking of what I know unlike some other people.

1 hour ago, Periodontics Ajijic said:

Well ... 

I would like to say ...

That i DO really KNOW what i am talking about .....

And i could easily take any argument to ground about that practice ... but you know that creates Karma ... 

but maybe its just matter of time ... 

Best Regards for you All .

Is Pedro back?

3 hours ago, Periodontics Ajijic said:

Sorry .... 

I think you didn't get my sarcasm ...  

CHEAP and EXPRESS ... Not a good combination .... 

Yes you are correct... I didn't get any of your comments except the one that referenced a company's adv in the US.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Does anyone know who owns Dental Express? Are the experienced dentists employees or partners? I am trying to get a picture of what Dental Express is comparable to. 

As I suggested in a previous Post, Dr. Macias owns Dental Express. His wife (don't remember the Doctora's name) also works there and is an Orthodontist. It's pretty evident that Dr. Macias is the leading force there, has educated himself on the latest dental technology using CAD/CAM equipment (NOT inexpensive) and is alone in this respect Lakeside.  Past that, I don't know anything about the 'business arrangements' between the owner and his fellow dentists.... other than they also are trained on the use of the advanced computer equipment that the owner, Dr. Macias, has introduced into Dental Express.

1 hour ago, johanson said:

Gosh, I am glad I am not a moderator some of the information given by Periodontics seems good and some seems to be an advertisement for dentists up North, What does one do? Does he lock this thread, or delete some of his posts or do nothing.  And what I just posted should be deleted by the moderator when he decides because rather than answer the original question, I take up space asking the moderators a question  Sorry

You are correct the moderator should step in..  Because the few regular posters on this board can't seem to read and digest the original post..  In this case the OP asked for recommendations on a dentist with the stipulation "I don't want the cheapest one, So what do the regulars do... recomend Dental Express.,

No doubt if someone posts asking for recommendations on which auto to purchase they would be recommending a Lada

I'm of the opinion that this forum should be a moderated one like many are, where the posts are read by the moderator before being posted, so that if they are not applicable they are not posted.....

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Does anyone know who owns Dental Express? Are the experienced dentists employees or partners? I am trying to get a picture of what Dental Express is comparable to. 

From this forum it appears Dr Macias is the owner of Dental Express. One of the many reasons I would not use DE is that I hear from other people that there is a large turnover of staff at DE, the reason being given is that he hires newly graduated dentist from Uni of Guad who are there to hone there skills before moving on to bigger and better things....

I would end up saying that everyone thinks this guy is well trained and professional an ethical ... 

Cad/cam technology is good for some cases ... you have to do it right without the computer ... 

Technology does not give you the skills , clinic eye nor diagnostic experience you don't have .

You just have to think about it ... 

Nothing is EXPRESS or CHEAP if you want some quality . 

Thats all i will write about it . 

Have an excellent day . 

Archived