Chapala.com Webboard

The shooter was an American

17 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

Just a guess love triangle?

I was wondering about that too - one of the facebook videos sent in said the shooter was stalking someone. The only person, other than the shooter, was a man in his thirties at an ATM machine, wearing really bright red "70's" style baggy short shorts and a grey "wife beater" tee shirt. So I was really surprised that he was D.E.A. - I thought, office dress codes must have changed a lot from the times I remember!

Good question bmh.  Maybe it's over a family member still in India but you'd think he'd need to apply in the States.  Whats he doing in Mexico?  A strange situation with lots of holes in it.

No one is allowed in the interviews except the person interviewed. I once tried to accompany an indigenous who barely spoke Spanish and could not read or write but I was not allowed to be with her so it would be interesting to know what kind of visa that was, maybe for a kid that owuld not be a citizen.. it is all pretty weird..

The original spot on Mexico Daily News about the shooting probably gives a better indication of the motive. It says that the man that was shot "was carrying U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration credentials".

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/us-consulate-official-shot-in-guadalajara/

The later post about the arrest says the accused shooter also had "16 bags of what appeared to be marijuana". 2 + 2 = Probably not visa related.

The whole thing is bizarre and who will ever know the real story except those involved. The guy who was shot was an American consul in charge of approving visas, but has ID saying he is a DEA agent? The guy who was arrested is an American going to med school in Guad. and is walking around with 16 bags of marijuana in his pocket? All sounds too fishy.

Archived