Chapala.com Webboard

Property Tax Increase

Tomas

My property taxes went up 18.5%. For some odd reason, my water bill went way down but they added on a meter which I'm supposed to get in 2-3 weeks so I guess I don't have a choice from what I understood. Probably a better deal for me since I have no pool & only me living in the house.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You probably will come ahead since you can control your consumption, we want a meter too since we are not there half of the year and have no garden on the lot where the house is..On the other lot we will

consume what the garden consumes...bu there is no house so we probably will come out ahead as well.. I like the meter idea as well.

SIMAPA also has financial issues. Again, takes in millions of pesos, does very little, has no expansion/upgrade costs and is going into debt. HOW? They get approximately 10 million pesos from Ajijic alone. What's up?

SIMAPA issues could very well be caused by salary and benefits. They spend their money on themselves. Has happened in many areas in Mexico. Could become a BIG drain on Chapala.

Garbage pickup in my neighborhood in central Ajijic 6 days a week. Have gotten to know the garbage guys and always give them a nice tip at Christmas - not because we have to but just because we want to. It is a nasty job and they do it very well and always smile and say hello. Once or twice I have had a question or needed them to do a little something extra. No push-back or problem at all.

No potholes on my street. None - zero - zip. There was a plumbing problem with a rental house that required tearing up part of the street but it was fixed very quickly.

For the amount of taxes we pay I am very happy with the services we receive in our neighborhood. No complaints at all. In fact, no complaints at all about much of anything. An honor and a privilege to be allowed to live in Mexico and love living in Ajijic. Not for everyone but it is definitely home to us.

Visiting family in the U.S. this week and while I enjoy seeing them I can't wait to get home.

Archived