Chapala.com Webboard

Manix

LaChula

4 of us had dinner there last night. The food was wonderful. I had an appetizer of mushrooms stuffed with shrimp and cheese-it was an enormous portion and delicious. One had the Ciappo, one had steak, I had linguini with seafood. I asked for red sauce and another had it with white sauce. The portions were very generous. One of us said the dinner salad was the best Lakeside. The only little problem was that the waiter didn't ask how my friend wanted the steak done, and she neglected to tell him "termino medio" so it was more well done than she would have preferred.

Haven't been to Manix for sometime. Sounds like they have some new things on the menu. However, I'm with MaineCoons on loud music--don't like it. It's especially unpleasant for my husband, as he wears hearing aids. Was the music loud, do you recall, LaChula?

Lexy

I also wear two hearing aids. Generally, we avoid restaurants with music, period, because so few of them seem to understand how obnoxious it is to be blasted with mainly amateurish noise when one is wanting to share a pleasant meal and conversation with family and friends.

Why Mannix, a restaurant that has well above average ambiance and food, thinks they need to do this is beyond me.

For the same reason, we don't patronize most of the restaurants on the Carretera. I don't need the sound of unmuffled trucks and their fumes as part of my dining experience.

Ditto on the food and the music. Very good eating, not inexpensive for an evening meal. Will have to try the lunch value menu. But the loud music is OFFENSIVE and for that reason we have not gone back in years. And the acoustics on the first floor are such that if people are enjoying themselves, laughing and talking loudly, which of course they have every right to expect to do, the sound amplifies and reverberates and roars across the restaurant. Hector does not get it or, probably, does not want to get it re: the sound. From past experience hosting private parties there he went out of his way to insure that the crappy music was included and had to be paid for. Then again he probably has more than enough business and really doesn't have to worry about the dissenters. You can't please everybody.

Haven't been to Manix for sometime. Sounds like they have some new things on the menu. However, I'm with MaineCoons on loud music--don't like it. It's especially unpleasant for my husband, as he wears hearing aids. Was the music loud, do you recall, LaChula?

Lexy

There was no music, Lexie. I don't know if they still have loud music on Wed(?) nights for dancing, but Saturday night it was lovely. I also cannot deal with loud music, I avoid it like the plague.

OK, you can send me your payment in the mail for doing the hard work of asking Google:

Cioppino Recipe - Allrecipes.com
allrecipes.com/recipe/cioppino/‎
A classic seafood stew with a little bit of everything from the sea. Shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, and crab meat; seasoned with oregano, thyme and basil.
Cioppino (Seafood Stew), Recipe from Martha Stewart Living ...
www.marthastewart.com/340975/cioppino-seafood-stew‎
1 review
Mar 10, 2013 - Make Martha Stewart's Cioppino (Seafood Stew) recipe. How To and Step-by-Step Instructions from Martha Stewart.

OK, you can send me your payment in the mail for doing the hard work of asking Google:

Cioppino Recipe - Allrecipes.com

allrecipes.com/recipe/cioppino/‎

A classic seafood stew with a little bit of everything from the sea. Shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, and crab meat; seasoned with oregano, thyme and basil.

Seafood Cioppino - ‎Bodega Bay Cioppino - ‎Recipes Like - ‎Chef John's Cioppino

Cioppino (Seafood Stew), Recipe from Martha Stewart Living ...

www.marthastewart.com/340975/cioppino-seafood-stew‎

1 review

Mar 10, 2013 - Make Martha Stewart's Cioppino (Seafood Stew) recipe. How To and Step-by-Step Instructions from Martha Stewart.

Archived