Chapala.com Webboard

Can Smart TV Remote Wear Out?

Having issues with remote ( not that old).  Lately, sometimes will turn TV on or off, but sometimes won't ( either way) plus only sometimes sound control won't work.  Have checked ALL elec connections. Yes, I CAN turn on with  button underneath TV and yes I've tried new batteries. Yes little red light flashes within remote itself.  

Found correct one on Amazon but before I buy, an other ideas?  Thanks in advance

21 minutes ago, Kalik said:

Repair guy in San Juan Cosala.  Carreterra, South side, under the cell tower.

Yes I know about him and we've used him  but if it's only the remote it'll be easier to just get it on Amazon.  But thank you

UPDATE:  Figured out that none of the remotes I was looking at (Amaz or ML) matched the exact last 3 letters of TV model number ( made IN Mexico).  Phoned Samsung Mexico. LONG conversation ( Spanish)  with very patient young man. In the end he  talked me thru what I can only assume was a factory reset......... and then he remotely accessed the TV itself to confirm all was good. Even stayed on the line while I wrote down the steps to take for the next time......... YES!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

IF you are interested in the process:    Samsung Smart TV purchased July 2021     Original remote ( this was important).  STEPS to reset: ( I found them VERY weird)

1. Unplug electric connection back of TV.    2.  Press down manual start button on TV and hold 30 seconds.       3. Plug TV in again.

4.  Remove batteries from remote.           5.  Press "on" button and hold 30 seconds.           6.  Put batteries back in remote.

7.  Turn on TV with either remote ( if it will) or manual "on" button.              DONE!!!!!          

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Tivo remote quit working. I took the battery cap off and..... I have NEVER seen as much corrosion in anything before. I'm surprised that it did not ruin it!

Maybe there's something in the air.... reaching all the way to Colorado.