Chapala.com Webboard

Time for the knife - -- - - - -hernia rapair.

I need a laparoscopic repair due to my very advanced age and the multiple studies of cognitive problems in  my age range with a general anesthetic which is not needed with the lap procedure.

Money is a factor here and I would like it "locally" but not in one of the two "new" hospitals.

When I compared prices between Lakeside (February 2023) locally and in California, the total price here was in the U.S. $9,000.00 to $11,000 while if I go to California, the cost is only the flight and a couple of nights at a motel.

Any current information will be appreciated.

Thanks.

David

My concerns regarding the medical system is the education and expertise of the the ancillary personnel involved in the procedure and postoperative care.  If possible I would rather have the procedure in the US. Don’t let costs be the deciding factors.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I need a laparoscopic repair due to my very advanced age and the multiple studies of cognitive problems in  my age range with a general anesthetic which is not needed with the lap procedure.

Money is a factor here and I would like it "locally" but not in one of the two "new" hospitals.

When I compared prices between Lakeside (February 2023) locally and in California, the total price here was in the U.S. $9,000.00 to $11,000 while if I go to California, the cost is only the flight and a couple of nights at a motel.

Any current information will be appreciated.

Thanks.

David

You better check those prices. Maybe that is the peso price.

• Like 2