Chapala.com Webboard

Pfizer booster in Ajijic GDL Farmacia

3 hours ago, artsnob said:

YES AND YES

NO to AJijic.  YES to appt. made on line.  Asked in Ajijic FG today.  Until they have a doctor ( in the little clinic space at one side), they can't  And they've been advertising for a doc for MONTHS....... No guarantee even if they get one in the short term.

There are only a very few FG locations in Guad that are offering, and one Benavides ( Plaza del Sol I think).  All due to doctor and fridge requirements.

After the Pfizer vaccine is thawed, it is good in a normal refrigerator for 30 days. Got mine at Dra. Jessica Flores... appointment necessary but was in and out in 15 minutes minus 1500 pesos. Yes, it's more expensive but I didn't want to wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

After the Pfizer vaccine is thawed, it is good in a normal refrigerator for 30 days. Got mine at Dra. Jessica Flores... appointment necessary but was in and out in 15 minutes minus 1500 pesos. Yes, it's more expensive but I didn't want to wait.

Do you need any documentation for Dr Jessica?

No docs required but I did take my other vaccination docs with me just in case. I also got a dated receipt which included the lot number of the Pfizer Cominarty received. Now everything is together in my medical file. Tender arm for a couple of days but that was it for me in terms of reaction.

In the plaza to the WEST of the plaza that contains Dermika. You can walk right through and down the stairs to her office or you can approach it on the road that runs behind the Bugambilia Plaza if stairs are a problem.

7 minutes ago, artsnob said:

IMSS is giving Abdala boosters from Cuba, any reviews good or bad?

I have heard they are the old basic Covid.  I just received the new one from Dr Jessica.  24 hrs later no reaction.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:29 PM, Natasha said:

FG is $849  and Benavides is $899      ...... in Guad  😒

Benavides website shows Covid vaccine available in Chapala. Likely have to have the dtr next door administer it.
There are two Farm GDL sites in Chapala but not sure if either has a dtr on staff.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:09 PM, rafterbr said:

No more shots for me.  I had both Pfizer shots and the booster and still got long time COVID.  

Curious, how was the Covid Long diagnosis made?  Feel free to PM me, no need to re-route this thread South to Argentina.

I got my latest Pfizer Covid shot and the latest flue shot, along with some shot for something called KPR or something like that, 10 days ago in Seattle and am feeling just great.  No, I didn't get Covid any time after a Covid shot, although I did catch it several years ago after flying from Guad to Seattle and being exposed to many passengers. 

Who knows, maybe I was just lucky or maybe the quality of my shots was better. Who knows.

20 hours ago, Kiko said:

Curious, how was the Covid Long diagnosis made?  Feel free to PM me, no need to re-route this thread South to Argentina.

After flying from USA at Christmas I got sick,  January I went to Dr. and he send me for complete Lab work.  It was found I had 2 covid's at the same time.  Tested 2 weeks later and still had.  Really sweating it but March when I needed to go back to the states I tested OK but not sure how good this test was.

1 hour ago, rafterbr said:

After flying from USA at Christmas I got sick,  January I went to Dr. and he send me for complete Lab work.  It was found I had 2 covid's at the same time.  Tested 2 weeks later and still had.  Really sweating it but March when I needed to go back to the states I tested OK but not sure how good this test was.

^ ^  Thanks.