Chapala.com Webboard

New Hola! Market- just WOW

NEWMtnMama

Hola! Riberas looks great, well supplied with items I usually order from Lakeside Shopping Services (owned by the same nice people). And from the Riberas store one can buy single items instead of bulk from Costco.

However there are some things I still want by the case (bottled water, Kirkland green tea) and to do that at Hola! is a problem for me physically: carrying them into my house. I realize they're still in the process of working out the logistics. So I emailed to say I'd be glad to pay a delivery fee for having cases brought to my door. It's very likely there are other customers like me who want cases of stuff.

It's a delight to have an Hola! market in the neighborhood.

Lexy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ibarra said:

They had bags of dog food but not Kirkland brand. They had 2 different kinds of dog biscuits, rawhide chews and Barky's jerky treats.  

My husband told me last night that they had Kirkland lamb dog food bags.  Sorry I did not add this to my other post.

• Thanks 1

I was there yesterday - as was a friend - we both grabbed some   cans of 411 gm kirkland  organic diced tomatoes marked at 25 pesos each.  When I got to the cash register they rang up 185p  (i am not sure if for one or two - I think for each) .  I related they were marked 25 p and without a groan they repriced at 25 pesos.  I will be back - good customer service.

3 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

I was there yesterday - as was a friend - we both grabbed some   cans of 411 gm kirkland  organic diced tomatoes marked at 25 pesos each.  When I got to the cash register they rang up 185p  (i am not sure if for one or two - I think for each) .  I related they were marked 25 p and without a groan they repriced at 25 pesos.  I will be back - good customer service.

We had a similar experience Tuesday.  We bought Barky's Jerky Sticks which were marked at 220 pesos.  When we checked out, they were 185.  We didn't question that as it was less than the listed price.   

11 hours ago, ibarra said:

We had a similar experience Tuesday.  We bought Barky's Jerky Sticks which were marked at 220 pesos.  When we checked out, they were 185.  We didn't question that as it was less than the listed price.   

Limited to exhaust stocks.   Maybe by them while you can!

• Confused 1

On 11/24/2023 at 12:11 AM, Voir dire said:

Huh? This doesn't make sense.  And, do you mean BUY them?

That is what the page had said, I took it to mean, they are selling out the stock. I see now it does not say that any longer.... and yes, a typo... I missed 'u'

😑

• 1 month later...

So I decided to stop by the Hola market today to see is they had jerky sticks. They had them and the price was 230 pesos a bag. Bought 2 because Costco sells them at 210 pesos a bag and from memory Pancho's sells them at around 340 pesos a bag. So my days going to Costco are over 😊 Just hope Pancho's does not find a way to put them out of business. Some of you may remember the grocery store that was located where the Tuesday market now operates. It was operated by a couple from Texas. Me and my mom use to shop there back in I think 2008. Well every week there was less and less stuff on the shelves and one day they just closed. The story I got is that Superlake where paying customs to hold back containers of stuff for this business. (Yes money rules in Mexico).

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

So I decided to stop by the Hola market today to see is they had jerky sticks. They had them and the price was 230 pesos a bag. Bought 2 because Costco sells them at 210 pesos a bag and from memory Pancho's sells them at around 340 pesos a bag. So my days going to Costco are over 😊 Just hope Pancho's does not find a way to put them out of business. Some of you may remember the grocery store that was located where the Tuesday market now operates. It was operated by a couple from Texas. Me and my mom use to shop there back in I think 2008. Well every week there was less and less stuff on the shelves and one day they just closed. The story I got is that Superlake where paying customs to hold back containers of stuff for this business. (Yes money rules in Mexico).

Absolute lie about Superlake paying customs.  There are literally dozens of agents at Aduana in Nuevo Laredo not to mention 5 more points for importation. Obviously it would be impossible to bribe hundreds of agents to scan thousands of importations daily to look for one individual company.

• Thanks 1

I think Hola! Market has a winning business plan since they already have an arrangement with Costco. There are 3 or 4 cars in the lot whenever I drive by.

Garage Gourmet is another story. They don't seem to have cars in their lot very often at all. For me they don't carry items that I buy. So it goes.

an interesting way of measuring success is sales per square foot - that of course gets challenging to measure when they do receive some money for sales that are not sales per square foot.

Also - when in Hola, Fresh and Gourmet, is it apparent that they aren't thinking about sales per square foot - so assume they really don't have such a thing as a business plan or at least a worthwhile one - HA.   

Here is Trader Joes Trivia - In 2020, grocery chain Trader Joe's gross average revenue per square foot was about $2,130—nearly double its competitors.

No more gourmet garage as their new mall name is gourmet goods.

So now you know where to go to purchase gourmet cheetos

I wish them success - just seems like a strange move for them.  I did try to purchase some products from them but could not find anything needed or wanted

• Thanks 1

When I went to Garage the things I looked at were not priced and when I bought something it was always more than I expected.  They could not compete with Pancho's and Hola Market put them out of business.