Chapala.com Webboard

Copy and Paste into the webboard reply field

Can I please get some much needed help / instructions so I learn how to copy / paste a Word document

into the web board's "reply" field.

I have tried for over 25 minutes using what I though were possibilities in doing this, using the new upper right tool [ 3 icons ]

bar click-on features, including the designated Word doc icon... but the cursor keeps 'blinking' in the reply filed ,

still waiting for something, and no pasted doc. appears in the reply field.

I have given permission as requested, and copied the doc into the designated field, clicked on okay.. and still nothing happens.

Thanks for your help....

I just copied & pasted a sentence from a Word document but I didn't use any icon. I just copied & pasted the same way you would a sentence in your original post. I was using Microsoft Word 7 so I don't know if you're using a different version.

Encontrado

I copied and pasted your original post. I just selected what I wanted, went to my browser command bar (I used Chrome) clicked on 'Edit', clicked on 'copy'. Then I went to 'Reply to this topic' and clicked on 'paste'.

Can I please get some much needed help / instructions so I learn how to copy / paste a Word document

into the web board's "reply" field.

I have tried for over 25 minutes using what I though were possibilities in doing this, using the new upper right tool [ 3 icons ]

bar click-on features, including the designated Word doc icon... but the cursor keeps 'blinking' in the reply filed ,

still waiting for something, and no pasted doc. appears in the reply field.

I have given permission as requested, and copied the doc into the designated field, clicked on okay.. and still nothing happens.

Thanks for your help....

Thank you Luisa and Ginger.

In the past I successfully used the traditional 'control-c [ copy ] and control v [ paste ] and it would work well on the webboard.

It does work well still now going from Word2007 to my e-mail, [visa versa] but not working with the webboard.

With kicking and screaming I switched from XP to Microsoft Windows 7 and have Word 2007, but this does not work with the control button as it has in the past for the webboard .. not sure which of these two or both is causing me the difference/difficulty.

Googled how to get this done, but could not find the answer that helped me solve my problem.

Word 2007 does not have a 'major' tab Edit in the top toolbar [ as seen in Chrome version per Google help ] .

Tried the right click for copy/ paste - this did not work totally .. it DID show & highlighted copy on the doc itself,

but, when I moved to the webboard, the mouse right click did not show paste as an option..

Then saw the top three clipboard icons on the webboard, assuming to help with copy/paste - tried to use each of them and got nowhere.

I'm still stumped.

Municipio de Cihuatlán.

Barra de Navidad forma parte del municipio de Cihuatlán Jalisco, este es un pueblo y municipio de la Región Costa Sur del estado de Jalisco, México. Se encuentra aproximadamente a 201 km al suroeste de Guadalajara. Según el II Conteo de Población y Vivienda de 2005, el municipio tenía 30,241 habitantes. Su nombre se interpreta como "Lugar de Mujeres", y su extensión territorial es de 713.70 km².

Highlight with mouse, right click to copy .... right click to paste. This is from Word 2007 and XP

Municipio de Cihuatlán.

Barra de Navidad forma parte del municipio de Cihuatlán Jalisco, este es un pueblo y municipio de la Región Costa Sur del estado de Jalisco, México. Se encuentra aproximadamente a 201 km al suroeste de Guadalajara. Según el II Conteo de Población y Vivienda de 2005, el municipio tenía 30,241 habitantes. Su nombre se interpreta como "Lugar de Mujeres", y su extensión territorial es de 713.70 km².

Highlight with mouse, right click to copy .... right click to paste. This is from Word 2007 and XP

Thanks for the efforts and help..

I could in the past do it successful by using : Ctrl button C & V or using right click mouse copy/paste

when I had Word 2003 and 2007 and had XP..

But that changed when I went to Windows 7 .. the use of the Ctrl or right mouse click are ineffective..

Windows 7 - that seems to be the factor that appears to be the difference causing the problem..

When on Chapala.com running IE 11 and windows 7, I could not copy what you wrote above and paste it here. Yet when on MexConnect or windows, I have no problem. It's got to be some setting somewhere in relationship to my Chapala.com web board settings.

I even just tried to copy and paste what I just posted here. But I couldn't.

EDIT:

I just tried to paste something here from Word. Nothing happened here. But it does paste on other documents and formats. So again I guess I need to put an x by some setting in my Chapala account.

This is not normal behaviour, and has to be a problem with Windows or the browser. The only time copy/paste doesn't work is when a particular website has been programmed to prevent it. I do it all the time in Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you can copy in Word and paste back into Word, then the function works.

Some forums may be preventing copy and paste for a reason: Some folks like to plaster a forum with advertizing or articles they think are interesting. Often, they are not.

I am able to copy/ paste : Word to Word, Word from / to e-mail, other websites to Word or e-mail, but not into this webboard.

I do not recall in the past the three clipboard icons at the top right .. would just cut / paste and it appeared.

When my standard copy / paste technique did not work,

I tried to use each of the 3 icons - it asked permission to access contact with me, I gave permission, then a new screen came up

& pasted the Word doc I wanted in this indicated field as requested, hit okay -

and it stopped there and my narrative [ words only, no pictures ] did not appear in the reply field.

Maybe it's some kind of permission access is the problem ??

WIERD! I just did copy and paste on another computer where I am now with Win 7 that I have and everything works great as shown by the paste below:

can copy and paste here, using an iMac with Firefox. No problem at all.

I did have to disable the font/size/ etc etc, block immediately above this message though, before it would work. Well time to go have my car smog test.

I tried the paste icons to which you referred (which only become available when there is something in memory to paste), and did not get any requests for permission.

The Paste from Word option simply duplicates the Ctrl-V steps.

However, do note that you cannot paste photos. They must be added using the image icon, and then only from a website to which you can link.

• 11 months later...

I have Windows 8 on a brand new computer. I have text in Wordpad. I have copied it (Ctr-c). I have placed my cursor in "Reply to this topic". When I press one of the 3 paste icons I am exited out of the reply window and out of the topic. I have tried this many times and the result is the same. This webboard is run from an alternate universe.

I have Windows 8 on a brand new computer. I have text in Wordpad. I have copied it (Ctr-c). I have placed my cursor in "Reply to this topic". When I press one of the 3 paste icons I am exited out of the reply window and out of the topic. I have tried this many times and the result is the same. This webboard is run from an alternate universe.

I "had" the same problem with our new HP laptop running Windows 8.12. Here is how I fixed it to work like it used to on Windows 7.

Go to the "quote" screen. Toggle the icon in the top left corner of the toolbar which looks like a light switch. It will have BBCode Mode when you put the cursor on it. Then the "quote" function and copy and paste function from any source will work.

Alan, when you click on the BBC Mode button it asks you to select from a list. Which option do you select? Thanks.

Alan, when you click on the BBC Mode button it asks you to select from a list. Which option do you select? Thanks.

When I toggle it to where all the icons on the tool bar are greyed out and you cannot select them, including the paste options, I can see the quote in HTML not in the same way it looks after posting or when that switch is toggle to where the icons on the tool bar are active and you can select them.. It then becomes possible to copy and paste anything from any source into the dialouge box and type anything. Then post and finished.

If you leave the toggle where eveything is selectable, even happy face, it does not paste like it used to on my old laptop with Windows 7. :)

Then if I want to add Señor happy face I post what I have ready and then go to edit, then go to "Use Full Editor" toggle the switch to where I see all the icons selectable and add him.

It took me about 1 hour of testing everything to get this far on the work around.

Archived